LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1COOLPC said:
Are they crap?
Amps are weird unlike speakers/head units. If you can get the true output specs, then one that puts out a regulated 4x50 at x s/n is pretty much the same as every other regulated 4x50 at x s/n. However, getting the true specs is (or rather was) virtually impossible to do. Zapco amps are well known for being underrated while Pyramid, Pyle, etc are known for being WAY overrated. This amp has achieved CEA-2006 certification. That alone means that 4x50 at 4ohms was a clean output so I would say if you like the design, you wouldn't be disappointed in performance. Installation is supposed to be a snap as well.

Contrary to what most people will tell you, amps rarely color sound and if they do it is only slightly so long as they are within a reasonable s/n ratio. Money is much better spent on front stage speakers than just about anywhere else is an audio system. In addition, extra money on subs rarely yields a large performance gain. Building an SPL system will change that, but listening wise a reasonable amp and sub brand (such as Directed) is generally fine. Put that extra cash in some Focals or Dynaudio and you will thank me later.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I'm buying one for Halloween.

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
if i put that in the trunk i wont have room for the car duster.....lol

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
BobthePhotoGuy said:
Make a holder on the underside of the car lid for the duster. :wall:
kidding...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blackjack Amplifier

Actually this amp is what it states. If you take a look you will see the new CEA-2006 rating. What this means is that the amp has been certified by the Consumer Electronics Association to actually meet or exceed its specifications listed.
Mobile Electronics Magazine and 12 Volt news both reviewed it and said it rocked.
here is the 12 volt news review http://www.blackmoremobile.com/news/3.cfm

And here is the Mobile Electronics review http://www.blackmoremobile.com/news/6.cfm

They also offer a 3 year warranty on the beast...

Hope this info helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts