LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In between boarding everything up in preparation for Jeanne, I was able to do the final install on the satellite radio. Came out pretty good.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Looks good... Wired or FM modulated?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Stupid question but...I usually see things like this installed on the passenger side facing the driver, so they don't get in the driver's way I always imagined. Any particular reason you went with mounting on the driver's side?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wireless FM modulated. After looking at all the mounting possibilities, this is where I chose to mount it. It's within easy reach(does have a cute little remote included). Using the supplied bracket, there was no way to get it on the passenger side facing the driver. I have it in a position that does not interfere with my legs or getting the key in/out of the ignition. There's even plenty of room to reach the remote Rockford sub amp control(in pic to the left of sat radio) and my remote mute switch for the SR7.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Oh it has a purple button ;)

How's your sweetie doing?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Huntress said:
Oh it has a purple button ;)
You should get one Diana! It'll match your goat! :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
So how is this unit working for you? Any issue with the wireless FM modulation?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where did you mount your antenna. I just got the kenwood one and installed it in the little compartment under the radio. I put my antenna ontop of the dash and im not getting the best signal.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GTO.
The wireless FM modulator worked great on this unit. I have since moved this into my home as I just couldn't deal with the blue backlighting on this unit. It is a great quality piece, it just doesn't match the green of out Goats.
04IBM,
I mounted mine on the rear deck, inside the car. No problem with reception.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Would it fit in the compartment in front of the shifter?

·
Former Owner but Still Here
451 Posts
GTOGOAT said:
Would it fit in the compartment in front of the shifter?
The Sirius Sportster fits there. I have mine in there. However, the wireless FM modulator worked like crap, and I ended up using the David Navone modulator.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i am considering getting this unit, can anyone confirm that the blaupunkt fits in the compartment in front of the shifter? i dont have the gto yet but thats where i plan to put it. (you can fit a small child in the tray under the hu in my gp)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts