LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone knows the brakes feel soft. Has anyone tried having the brakes bled to see if it helps the problem at all??

I would hate to think that the rubber lines are the cause of the soft pedal, as this problem usually is caused by air or moisture in the brake system.

Anyone own a GTO that works for a dealership, maybe to have this tried to let us know the results. Or is anyone have a 4 wheel brake bleeding system to try this?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't believe this, nobody has tried this or had it done???

I just got my car 3 days ago, why has nobody tried this yet? You can't be happy with the soft pedal. Is everyone here non-mechanical...

·
Registered
629 Posts
How bad are these hoses? Brand new and they expand that much to give a mushy pedal? I don't buy it either. When my vettes have had a soft pedal bleeding the brakes has always fixed the problem and thats leaving the old hoses alone. I can't see it being the hoses, that would be a big design flaw since they are brand new.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I apparently have the pressure plate bolt problem, as I have a hard time getting the car into 1st or Reverse while at a dead stop. So I gotta take it in to the shop, only on my 4th day owning the car.

While I am there, I am going to have the dealer (Buz Post - Arlington, TX) address the soft brakes, and request the do a full brake fluid system bleed/flush.

Today while sitting in a drive through getting some breakfast, I held my foot on the brake firmly while at a dead stop. It only took a few seconds for the brake pedal to start falling. This is a tale-tale sign of air or moisture in the system, OR a bad master cylinder.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yes exactly, symptoms especially for a bad master. But, with all the guys complaining of soft brakes it seems it would also be to bleed them. Hell, maybe all the masters are underengineered. It's these problems that has also slowed the sale of these cars.Too many different problems simultaneously scares buyers away. It scared me since I have had new cars that have lived at dealer and I wasn't mentally up to that challenge this time. Good luck with the fixes. Craig

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I bleed my brakes when I painted my calipers.
I took them off to paint them. Pedal got better but it really took a long time for the brakes to seat in.
6k the pedal is nicer but car is heavy and a Bear upgrade mybe in my future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts