LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Impulse Blue/Blue M6, prefer to pay as close to invoice/GM Supplier price as possible (ie, stay under $31,500). No trade, no substitutes... my wife wants the blue/blue combo so it'll match the NSX.

Ryan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I'm finding... shoulda got yellow when I had her talked into it :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nucar pontiac had one before i left, i am currently in texas with my wife. i left about two weeks ago, and they had 10 there i think... i just looked at gmbuypower.com and they don't show it, not sure if it was ever up. well drive to newark DE and check it out, or call them, Matt Dobbin, is the guy i worked with. if you want i'll call him and talk to him if you want. see if they can get one or to see if its still there. I got the yellow one, but since i am in texas for a little while, i placed it at my parents house in jersey till i get back. i hope it all works out, let me know if i can do anything to help you out

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Couple of ideas

RyanITV said:
Looking for Impulse Blue/Blue M6, prefer to pay as close to invoice/GM Supplier price as possible (ie, stay under $31,500). No trade, no substitutes... my wife wants the blue/blue combo so it'll match the NSX.

Ryan
Bless her little heart, badass bookends... :D

2004 GTO (Coupe)
Exterior Color, Impulse (Blue) / Blue

PAUL MASSE PONTIAC-CADILLAC-GMC TRUCK, INC.
55 FORTIN DRIVE, WOONSOCKET, RI 02895-6116
BUT! It's an A4 and they should deal.

I'd also poll the Dealers on the left (sponsors) and maybe Ron...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
04bluegto said:
Good luck man my dealer just offered 1750 off sticker and i looked that almost every pontiac dealer in IL and NO ONE has a Blue on blue m6 so im paying 1400 for the color combo. Order a 05 your best chance.
There were supposedly three within 350 miles this past weekend (tried a local dealer first), but the local place couldn't the other dealers to trade for them.

I'd get an '05, but I'm looking for something sooner that I can drive the baby around in (I hate doing the 4-door automatic sedan thing). Plus, I can go places and leave it in a parking lot without attracting too much attention (positive or negative); the NSX tends to stand out and I'm always paranoid some assclown will key/kick/whatver it. We've also got family coming in from out of town and I'd actually let my father-in-law drive the GTO.

Lastly, I'm honestly excited about getting back into a car where you don't have to pay crazy prices like $1200 for a single header to get 4hp (S2000).

Ryan

PS: Would you leave this in a mall parking lot?:

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
I might....

RyanITV said:
There were supposedly three within 350 miles this past weekend (tried a local dealer first), but the local place couldn't the other dealers to trade for them.

I'd get an '05, but I'm looking for something sooner that I can drive the baby around in (I hate doing the 4-door automatic sedan thing). Plus, I can go places and leave it in a parking lot without attracting too much attention (positive or negative); the NSX tends to stand out and I'm always paranoid some assclown will key/kick/whatver it. We've also got family coming in from out of town and I'd actually let my father-in-law drive the GTO.

Lastly, I'm honestly excited about getting back into a car where you don't have to pay crazy prices like $1200 for a single header to get 4hp (S2000).

Ryan

PS: Would you leave this in a mall parking lot?:

This is a test, right? :sneaky:
I might if I thought I'd never see it again and could get TWO GTO's with the insurance check....but that's just me :wall:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, needs to be an M6. That's why I don't like to drive the TL - it's respectable at 270hp, and it puts down #s close to a stock NSX on the dyno, but the automatic - bleh, no fun. Plus, I'll probably end up doing some stupid amount of mods to the car (I always say I won't - it lasts 3 weeks, tops), and the M6 should be able to hold alot more power than the A4.

Actually, I know I'll do crazy amounts of stuff to the GTO - I've already got some parts inbound for it (wires, plugs, skipshift eliminator) and I don't even have the car yet.

Ryan

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
So the kids can ride in it....

RyanITV said:
Yeah, needs to be an M6. That's why I don't like to drive the TL - it's respectable at 270hp, and it puts down #s close to a stock NSX on the dyno, but the automatic - bleh, no fun. Plus, I'll probably end up doing some stupid amount of mods to the car (I always say I won't - it lasts 3 weeks, tops), and the M6 should be able to hold alot more power than the A4.

Actually, I know I'll do crazy amounts of stuff to the GTO - I've already got some parts inbound for it (wires, plugs, skipshift eliminator) and I don't even have the car yet.

Ryan
Yeah right! :D They'll be screaming in terror! :D You'll lose it and dump hideous amounts of cash in it and end up terrorizing the whole State... :D Admit it!..... :thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Old Goat said:
I'd also poll the Dealers on the left (sponsors) and maybe Ron...
Ron's looking for one for me as well - he agrees that it's pretty hard to find, there's not many in the country.

Ryan

·
Registered
600 Posts
Source at a dealership gave me these for you to check out.

1) www.hurdcars.com Hurd Pontiac in Rhode Island (zip 02919). Even though the car is a manual, their web site has it as an automatic. Their site advises prices at or below invoice, don't know if they mean it for GTOs. Car dosne't show on GM buypower because it was ordered as a sold unit. But still on thier site

2) www.ragsdalemotorgroup.com in Massachusetts (zip 01501). Their web site offers a $200 coupon. Another car ordered as sold, so not on GM Buypower. Couldn't make the new vehicle inventory serch work, but site has contact info, or get it a GM Buypower.

3) www.grabthewheel.com which is Koons of Manassas (zip 20109). Car shows at GM Buypower and on their site. Also popup box for contact with live help for pricing.

4) Warner Pontiac in Parkersburg, WV (zip 26101) Couldn't find a site for them, but can find car on GM Buypower.

Good luck, happy shopping.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Koons was a bust - said "Everyone else marks them up, the best we can do is $500 off MSRP." I offered $1000 under MSRP and said that we wanted to take delivery in 24-48 hours. Denied...

Ryan

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
Hurd HAD a blue/blue 6spd.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
GTOless
7,061 Posts