LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Cosmo wont be offered for 2005, i'm falling back on my second best choice, impulse blue. i really like the fact that the GTO has availble color-coordinated interiors as options. i was wondering if you guys could post a few pix on this color interior. i've seen it appear as so many shades with different cameras is hard to tell. GM media sites make it look really light...while holden pictures look darker. any impluse blue owners with the blue interior get sick of the color and wish they would have had black??? i'd hate to spend 32k on a car that i can't stand the color interior... help me out!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Impulse blue is a color I commonly refer to as "power ranger blue". It's a bright vibrant blue color, and the interior matches the exterior pretty closely.

If I were to compare, I'd say it's the same blue that is commonly used on Yamaha sport bikes. It's a little darker/more vibrant than the WRC Blue color that is used on the Subaru Impreza.

I don't have any pictures as mine is black/black but this can at least give you some idea. Best thing to do is go and see one in person as everyone sees color a little differently, due to differences in monitors, cameras, and even eyes.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You really have to sit in the car with the blue leather to appreciate it. I didn't think I would like it, but after seeing it first hand it really makes the car and I have actually considered ordering it myself.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
ydtrack said:
You really have to sit in the car with the blue leather to appreciate it. I didn't think I would like it, but after seeing it first hand it really makes the car and I have actually considered ordering it myself.
this is true.......it is amazing, I will get some pics when i get home today

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i really like the Blue/Blue. sometimes i question whether i should have gotten it over teh Black/red.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
i really like the Blue/Blue. sometimes i question whether i should have gotten it over teh Black/red.
you should have :cool:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
you should have :cool:
back when i was still looking the BLue/blue M6s, were about as rare as a virgin on prom night.

it has not been until recently that they seem to be "popping up"

·
Registered
60 Posts
I haven't seen it in person, but imagine it would be pretty close to this pic.

I wish blue was an interior color choice with black exterior.

·
Registered
213 Posts

I have a blue/blue and this picture is real close to the actual color. I was afraid at first to order it but when I saw one in person it sold itself instantly. All I ever get is compliments on the interior and most people think it is a custom interior. I am really glad that I purchased this color.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have the blue leather. I have no regrets and would not consider any other color if I could change. The posted pics are really close but it looks different in different lights. Try to see it in person. CFP40, that's some avatar!

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
"4 out of 5 Michigan GTO owners can't be wrong" (okay, so it just seems like there are that many of us blue/blue owners here!)
I think those media pics above make the color appear a little to bright, at least on my monitor. As posted above, it is a very awesome color and one of the main reasons I bought the GTO- its just so unique!! The pic I attached makes it appear purple-ish, maybe somebody else with a good digital cam can attach a representative pic for our buddy!

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BowdawG said:
"4 out of 5 Michigan GTO owners can't be wrong" (okay, so it just seems like there are that many of us blue/blue owners here!)
I think those media pics above make the color appear a little to bright, at least on my monitor. As posted above, it is a very awesome color and one of the main reasons I bought the GTO- its just so unique!! The pic I attached makes it appear purple-ish, maybe somebody else with a good digital cam can attach a representative pic for our buddy!
i agree, from the GM media pictures, the lighting used above really makes it look brighter than it really is. blue with the black interior also really looks sharp, but it just doesn't seem as unique.

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
Impulse blue is definately an awsome color :) I have some pictures of mine in the link in my sig. there are a few interior pics in there too.

-Brian

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am kind of worried about the blue interior color as well. I pick up my car TOMORROW!!! :gr_jest: :D :gr_jest: I still have yet to see the blue interior in person. Everyone I have talked to has said that it dosen't look as bright as the pictures on the GM website. I hope not, I love the color of the blue in the gauges though. Hopefully it will be closer to that.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Good luck I decided to wait for the 05 midnight blue.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Fast GTO said:
Good luck I decided to wait for the 05 midnight blue.
I think I would have waited for an '05 as well if I had know what they were going to have when I ordered my '04.
I am getting on the train to go and pick mine up tomorrow so I will find out first hand then. I should have some pics tomorrow night (afternoon for those of you in the US) I can't wait to get my car. And I am already starting to get my grin!!

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Bring your PCS orders and you shouldn't have to pay import/customs taxes, at least that is what the shipping company you have told me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts