LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most tracks require driveshaft safety loops for ET's quicker than 12.99 in the quarter. Our NHRA legal safety loop welds onto the factory floorpan reinforcement and has locating holes for proper positioning. Two piece design allows installation without removing driveshaft and will fit driveshaft diameters up to 3.5". Available standard in red or black powdercoat, additional colors available by special order. NOTICE: ORDERS FOR THIS PRODUCT WILL BEGIN SHIPPING MARCH 29TH. Click image below to view or check it out on our website at WWW.BMRFABRICATION.COM

·
Disaster
339 Posts
This may be a stupid question, :slap: but since the Goat comes with a 2 piece driveshaft, is there a way to convert it to a one piece setup? Or is that just not possible. I have not seen under the car yet. :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RAZRS EDGE said:
This may be a stupid question, :slap: but since the Goat comes with a 2 piece driveshaft, is there a way to convert it to a one piece setup? Or is that just not possible. I have not seen under the car yet. :sneaky:
Generally you can replace a 2 piece shaft with a one piece if the diameter is increased. We are working on a way to replace the small diameter two piece steel driveshaft with a 3.5" diameter aluminum one piece shaft. The OE driveshaft uses rubber connection points instead of u-joints so this setup won't last long once people start launching them hard. In fact, 60 ft times below 1.7 isn't recommended until this problem is addressed. We may end up having a new billet pinion yoke made in order to adapt a heavy duty 1350 series u-joint. This is the only thing delaying us from developing a heavy duty driveshaft.

·
Disaster
339 Posts
BMR Fabrication said:
Generally you can replace a 2 piece shaft with a one piece if the diameter is increased. We are working on a way to replace the small diameter two piece steel driveshaft with a 3.5" diameter aluminum one piece shaft. The OE driveshaft uses rubber connection points instead of u-joints so this setup won't last long once people start launching them hard. In fact, 60 ft times below 1.7 isn't recommended until this problem is addressed. We may end up having a new billet pinion yoke made in order to adapt a heavy duty 1350 series u-joint. This is the only thing delaying us from developing a heavy duty driveshaft.
Very cool :drink: Thanks. Will there be any horsepower gain from the less amount of drivetrain to the wheels?

·
'05 MBM M6
251 Posts
Oops!

I got my driveshaft safety loop today. I was thinking it would bolt in, (silly me.) I should have looked into it a little closer. I guess I'll have to borrow a welder to get it in so I can go racing tonight. One more obstacle to conquer. Oh, well, the weather might not co-operate anyways.
This is a very nice looking unit, though, and the service I got when I called BMR was great. Thanks BMR

Maximental

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I do not know much about this stuff but we got under the car as the car was raised at the dyno and we looked under the car as we did an acceleration test just to look under the car and see if everything was tight in place before heading for the track. We noticed that the car has so much power it tends to arch upwards at the center, driveshat and Corsa exhaust as well. I do not know why the driveshaft comes in two pieces joined toghether at the center, but it may have something to do with it. If this is the case, then a single piece driveshaft may not be exactly the right design.

I don't know. Please, excuse my ignorance. Just thought I let you know in case the info is useful at all.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
The two piece driveshaft will run somewhat smoother than a one piece because of the "constant velocity" effect. Also, the shorter shafts can turn at a higher speed than an equivalent single shaft of the same length.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts