LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rain down here finally let up enough that we got to the track last night. We bumped the nitrous jetting up 3 weeks ago and have been trying to go to the track ever since. Our goal was to get into the 10's with the stock long block and then install the 408 nitrous motor.
Our first run off the trailer, spinning through the 60 ft mark, was a [email protected] At this point we should have loaded it up on the trailer and went home but it was just too tempting to try and best the time with a better 60 ft. Unfortunately the next run we blew a head gasket and racing was over for the night. I think it had a 10.80 in it if we could have duplicated our typical 60 ft but oh well, at least we met our goal :bubbrub
Here is the video - 10.98 - If link does not work, right click and choose "save as".

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
206 Posts
BMR Fabrication said:
The rain down here finally let up enough that we got to the track last night. We bumped the nitrous jetting up 3 weeks ago and have been trying to go to the track ever since. Our goal was to get into the 10's with the stock long block and then install the 408 nitrous motor.
Our first run off the trailer, spinning through the 60 ft mark, was a [email protected] At this point we should have loaded it up on the trailer and went home but it was just too tempting to try and best the time with a better 60 ft. Unfortunately the next run we blew a head gasket and racing was over for the night. I think it had a 10.80 in it if we could have duplicated our typical 60 ft but oh well, at least we met our goal :bubbrub
Here is the video - 10.98 - If link does not work, right click and choose "save as".

Now thats more like it congrats on that pass and the car was sideways on the launch as for the 10.8 I say yes and for the head gaskets I say damn, just fix it and go again. By they way the car sounds crazy with open exhaust.

OpticZ
MDMC

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
That was fricking AWESOME!!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Congrats!! Glad to see your beefy driveline components hard at work!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
**** I think I just had a ****** WOW all hail to the first 10 sec GOAT.........and they are only a little over an hour from me........I need to see that thing in person. THat gave me a woody........... :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I almost called you last night to see if you were going to the track. Sweet!! Now, i can't wait until you get the other motor in it...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the compliments. Our next goal with the new motor is 9.90! The car is only legal to 10.0 and we are not putting a full cage in it but one way or another we'll get there.

BTW OpticZ that pass was through the exhaust. We have Stainless Works headers and their 3" dual exhaust on the car. It is definitiely loud, though, in fact it may be too loud with the new motor, we'll see :eek2:

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
BMR Fabrication said:
Thanks for all the compliments. Our next goal with the new motor is 9.90! The car is only legal to 10.0 and we are not putting a full cage in it but one way or another we'll get there.

BTW OpticZ that pass was through the exhaust. We have Stainless Works headers and their 3" dual exhaust on the car. It is definitiely loud, though, in fact it may be too loud with the new motor, we'll see :eek2:
That is awesome the way it squatted. So on this run basically the power
adder was a 200 shot NO2 with CAI and exhaust?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I replayed your video over and over. It is totally awesome! I got your website listed as one of my favs because I am sure you will be able to do even better with the 2005. :) :drink:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I was wondering if the BMR GTO had been on the dyno as of yet? I bet the numbers would be awesome. Hint...Hint.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Outstanding performance. Is the 408 an alloy block?

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
From what i've gathered thats was run on stock 346 long block, stock cam, stock valve springs. I still can't belive thoes rod bolts held up, GM said they improved them during 2001. Now was that run made with a rear end spool?

Thats just awsome! well done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts