LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have a complete bulletproof drivetrain available for the GTO. We found the OE differential to be plenty strong but the axles, CV's and driveshafts are failure prone. After speaking with various Australian companies, it was determined the factory components fail in the following order:
1)Driveshaft - usually the rubber joints will break when drag racing once the car dips below 1.70's in the 60 foot mark.
2)CV Axles - If the shaft doesn't break at the transition point, the inner CV joint breaks.
3)Axle Stubs - These rarely break before the other components but if you upgrade the other components, these become the next weak link.

Our 1 piece driveshaft is not only made from chromoly, it's also an inch larger in diameter. Instead of reinventing the wheel, we use proven Mark Williams billet front drive yokes and the driveshaft gets forged 1350 series u-joints front and rear. A custom machined drive hub is also provided with the driveshaft to adapt the Australian rear to traditional U-joint standards. This hub is machined from billet and then hardened.

Our Heavy Duty CV axles use custom billet CV cages and the shaft itself is made from 300M material, the strongest axle material available.

Our Stub Axles are also CNC cut from 300M billet and are a direct replacement for the factory axles.

All three products are now available for shipping. For more images and product detail, go HERE.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very nice, I just placed my order. :hail:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phobos512 said:
I love you guys! :hail:

How does the weight of the driveshaft compare with the OE one?
The factory driveshaft, rubber mounts and front and rear yokes weighs 23.5 lbs. The BMR replacement with rear yoke weighs 28.5 lbs.

Thanks for your order Walker ;)

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Blitzu said:
Sweet!!!! Awesome work! I am really happy there is now a option for us to upgrade incase of disaster. That was really holding me back from modifying the car. My past has showed me that for every modification you do to the motor be prepared to upgrade everything else attached to it. This is really a great solution now... Thank you very much!!!!

My fears of modifiying and losing the warrenty are over now, before there wasn't a solution other than stock... now there is. Im a very happy camper :D :D
"We can rebuild [her]. We have the technology."

Yeah, so lets see, we've got diffs, trannies, axles, exhausts, driveshafts, wheels, and a plethora of aftermarket engine internals to choose from, so I think when our engines and other driveline components explode, we'll be all good.

Now all we need is a limitless support of money and we'll be all good. What DID I do with that printing press, anyway...Hmm... :secret:

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Hopefully my earlier comments wern't taken out of context, its great that BMR has gone ahead and offered these items. Full respect. I'm just gang banged by snap on and matco tools constantly it won't take long before BMR is added, i'm always willing to drop some coin for top notch equipment;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts