LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just set up a seperate domain to handle high bandwidth files and have started posting some of our videos and images of the project car if you guys are interested. The link is www.bmr-media.com Check back often as we will be updating it on a regular basis.

·
^^obsessed with cars^^
558 Posts
What kind of qa1 shocks are those what part# and what do you have to modify to make them work? Thanks,Tim

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Timonator said:
What kind of qa1 shocks are those what part# and what do you have to modify to make them work? Thanks,Tim
The part number of the QA1 shock we use is TC-1661-P.
It takes a little work to make them fit but they are great for tuning the car. The collapsed length is within 3/4" of the OE's but the extended length has to be lengthened approximately 3 inches longer. We fabricated an extension that threads onto the top mount and bolts into the OE location. You also have to machine a new sleeve for the bottom bushing that changes the bolt diameter and spaces the shock body away from the mount approximately 1".

We sell the modified shocks for $400 pr. If interested just give us a call @ 813-986-9302.

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
Go BMR! GO A4's :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
^^obsessed with cars^^
558 Posts
Thanks for the reply thats some great info.The good news is that I have a brand new set of those shocks laying around.The bad news is that I just listed them on ebay.Maybe they won't sell.The really bad news is that I don't have a GTO yet. Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts