LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the Magnuson S/C is on the market, I am wondering if there has been a definitive answer on the question of whether it would fit under the BMR STB or not. I have asked a BUNCH of people and no one has gotten back to me, and I've done more than enough nagging. So does anyone know the answer? I don't want to buy one of those STBs if it's not going to fit.

Also, does anyone know the status of the BMR coming soon parts (like the chromoly driveshaft?) that have been "coming soon" for ages?

·
3,327 Posts
I cannot be 100% sure, but I am pretty sure that it will. It did not look to me like the BMR brace was any lower than the stock unit on my car, and the S/C fits under the stock, does'nt it?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I asked the man at BMR last week when I ordered the brace. He said it will not fit with the blower due to the larger pipe that's used.

·
3,327 Posts
OOOps. Sorry.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Test fit a BMR brace our our Magnacharged Goat and it doesn't fit. Too bad, because it's a nice STB!!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for ending the debate for me Howie! I appreciate it, even tho it wasn't what I was hoping for.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
phobos512 said:
Thanks for ending the debate for me Howie! I appreciate it, even tho it wasn't what I was hoping for.
Looks like you'll just have to go with a Vortech and the BMR brace. What a shame. :p

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
mistermike said:
Looks like you'll just have to go with a Vortech and the BMR brace. What a shame. :p

And a little bit of extra cash in the pocket. Darn, what ever will I do with it?

·
Been here for a long time...
4,659 Posts
mistermike said:
Or a nice turbo setup :)

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BillyGoatGruff said:
And a little bit of extra cash in the pocket. Darn, what ever will I do with it?
How do you figure "a little extra cash in the pocket" when, for example, Vortech's Corvette systems are just a bit over $7k (and that's supposed to be comparable in price to the GTO) whereas the Magnuson is $6k?

·
Registered
588 Posts
phobos512 said:
Now that the Magnuson S/C is on the market, I am wondering if there has been a definitive answer on the question of whether it would fit under the BMR STB or not. I have asked a BUNCH of people and no one has gotten back to me, and I've done more than enough nagging. So does anyone know the answer? I don't want to buy one of those STBs if it's not going to fit.

Also, does anyone know the status of the BMR coming soon parts (like the chromoly driveshaft?) that have been "coming soon" for ages?

I have a STB for our SEMA project car that should work with a twin turbo or S/C. If there are any S/C GTO's in SoCal within the next few weeks, I would love to test fit it? Let me know...

Jim

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gravana Jim said:
I have a STB for our SEMA project car that should work with a twin turbo or S/C. If there are any S/C GTO's in SoCal within the next few weeks, I would love to test fit it? Let me know...

Jim
If anyone's willing to provide me with a supercharger I'd be glad to roll on down to Santa Clarita for a test fit of the STB Jim - only about 1.5hrs away. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts