LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone have some trouble putting the BMR strut bar on? I can't get both sets of bolts to catch on the thread of the nut with the washer being very thick. Please advise as I am in the middle of this right now.
thanks guys

·
Registered
881 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Did anyone have some trouble putting the BMR strut bar on? I can't get both sets of bolts to catch on the thread of the nut with the washer being very thick. Please advise as I am in the middle of this right now.
thanks guys
I left the washers off. I then re-tightened after a couple of days.

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool, thanks paco04 I was thinking that it would work perfect w/o the washers, just wanted to hear if anyone else had this problem. Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had the same problem. The base plate did not sit flat on the strut tower and I could not get all the nuts on with the washers. I removed the washers and all the nuts started and tightened down ok. I used a little medium strength Loctite to keep the nuts secure.

Carmen

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cfp40 said:
I had the same problem. The base plate did not sit flat on the strut tower and I could not get all the nuts on with the washers. I removed the washers and all the nuts started and tightened down ok. I used a little medium strength Loctite to keep the nuts secure.

Carmen
I ended up only using washer on the bolts nearest the windshield.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts