LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Louvers

That hood is awesome! Who did the louver job? I hope someone saved the template for it because I think it would be awesome on a Street Goat too. It would actually be functional and get rid of some underhood heat, and yeah, with the available room and a catch tray to divert rain and drians it wouldn't soak the motor either. I hope someone is going to offer that hood on the market. Metal or Glass?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Those parts and that car are the autosport development Gto.That hood just sold on ebay to FLOORIT.If someone wants one I still have the mold.Carbon fiber or fiberglass.We will also have a new style hood avaiable as well as the rest of the parts you see.I'll get some new pics of the car(its torn down again)to d.y. soonDave

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Oh, dang, Gto 5, you spoiled my surprise! :D

I was going to get installed and post the pics to surprise everyone. No matter, it is still going to look AWESOME.

·
Registered
51 Posts
spoiled??? it's in your signature!LOL seriously,sorry if I did we're building the crate even as we speak.Dave

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Thanks

Gto 5 said:
Those parts and that car are the autosport development Gto.That hood just sold on ebay to FLOORIT.If someone wants one I still have the mold.Carbon fiber or fiberglass.We will also have a new style hood avaiable as well as the rest of the parts you see.I'll get some new pics of the car(its torn down again)to d.y. soonDave
Thanks Dave. If you are swapping hoods for a better one...Wow! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Gto 5 said:
it's in your signature!
Yeah, I waited until the "check was in the mail" before adding it to the sig. I talked with the guys who are going to paint it for me just an hour or so ago. They are as psyched as I am! They love the Goat and can't wait to get their hands on it. I'll be sure to check the odometer when I drop it off. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
You know toyo is the spec tire for our series,I'll see if i have any extra decals in the trailer.The new hood will have a recessed louver,I don't think it will look as cool,but thats the way the series would like to see it.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Old Goat said:
That hood is awesome! Who did the louver job? I hope someone saved the template for it because I think it would be awesome on a Street Goat too. It would actually be functional and get rid of some underhood heat, and yeah, with the available room and a catch tray to divert rain and drians it wouldn't soak the motor either. I hope someone is going to offer that hood on the market. Metal or Glass?
I wonder how much water the motor can stand before it becomes a problem. Of course, steam billowing up through the louvers would look pretty cool. I would seriously consider that hood if it could be fitted with all the stock latching and lifting hardware.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That hood is set up for the stock hinges,but not the latch,it uses pins.The street version will have a latch.Dave

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Sounds Great! BTW, I wonder what the logic of the sanctioning body is regarding restrictions on the louvers?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The tech officials never told us we,COULD'NT run the hood,they said they would rather have the recessed louver.So,being the good sports we are,we redesigned the hood and should have one pulled soon.They have actually been very helpful and great to work with.The series was(and is) excited to have the gto.Dave

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Say, Dave, how difficult would it be for me to install the stock latch on the hood I bought? I don't think I want to drill for the hood pins and the paint guys think it would look better on a street car without them. Thanks.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Just as we were excited to see the GTO go up against some of the big boys. Talked to Al Noe a couple of weeks ago, and he was really thrilled to contribute. There seems to be some grousing that Caddy "bought" the race, but I guess all's fair in love and war. A year's prep and factory backing is nothing to sneeze at, though. Best of luck to you in the next round!
BTW, when developing the molds for the hood, do you use the original as a template? Are you using any of BMR's stuff on the chassis or do you roll your own?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mistermike,heh heh heh,Kinda beat me to the punch.look for a formal anouncment on what bmr parts we will be using.We've been in contact with them and look forward to a great business relationship.The caddy performance was unreal,It gives us something to aim for,but its tough to run with the factory boys.The car is undergoing a ton of refinement,so we'll be ready of lime rock!Florit,I'm not sure how you could get the factory latch to work.You might be able to laminate a block into the hood for it.Dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts