LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For $35 more. They are fixing up my rolled fender lips and painting them. I mentioned that I should come back later and have my wing removed and the holes filled/painted. The guy immediately said, "I can do it now for $35 more since we have it all taped up and the paint mixed." The catch is that I must let him know by 10:00 AM tomorrow.

Oh God, the pressure is killing me. I don't know what to do!

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
1COOLPC said:
For $35 more. They are fixing up my rolled fender lips and painting them. I mentioned that I should come back later and have my wing removed and the holes filled/painted. The guy immediately said, "I can do it now for $35 more since we have it all taped up and the paint mixed." The catch is that I must let him know by 10:00 AM tomorrow.

Do it ! What's the worst that can happen - you decide you don't like it and you have to drill out the bog to refit. I reckon the wing makes the car look shorter. The standard boot (sorry, trunk) lid has a little kick on the lip which looks great on it's own.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only reason I'm considering it is because I don't think the paint matches and in certain lighting the wing looks like a pastel. I have to sleep on it.

I also neglected to mention that he keeps the wing in the deal. He wants to put it on a 240SX he's building. If I took it off it would never go back on.

·
Monaro - Australian for GTO
80 Posts
Give him another $100 and tell him the wing is yours!!!

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Yeah, tell him you want to keep the wing. From everything I've read, it is important to be able to restore your car to "stock configuration", not only to increase resale value but to maximize it's long term appreciation. I'm keeping all my stuff, even though I don't plan on ever selling the car and probably won't be alive when it's a "classic." My son, on the other hand... is watching me abuse his inheritance every day. :D

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
1COOLPC said:

Damn...$35!!! I got a quote from a local body shop at $695!!! I told the guy he was crazy. I want mine off bad, but not that bad.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I kept it on. He was determined to keep the wing in the deal.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
1COOLPC said:
I kept it on. He was determined to keep the wing in the deal.
I would not do it either if he was keeping it. no way

·
Registered
835 Posts
how much does a new wing cost? I probably would have given you my wing if I could get someone to fix the holes for $35.

·
got rice?
480 Posts
I knew there had to be a catch. My experience with body shops is it's never cheap to have quality work done. I once paid almost $700 to have my cobra R hood repainted. It was a shop that did body work on BMW's, Mercedes and some exotics. Worth every penny. Just do some window shopping before deciding which shop to go to. The last thing you want is some douche bag hacking up your car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts