LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a few days.. has anyone installed one? Being hesitant to pull trigger since I haven’t seen anyone post about it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Go to the source (Seller)
Call or write him
He is the one selling them - I assume he is making a profit - therefore he is motivated
Ask him for references, he has outstanding credentials and I trust him (as do many others here)
He has always gone above and beyond in assistance, same logic as Maverick Man and Andy from Kollar.
All three of these guys rely on references and referrals for a lot of their business.

Insofar as members posting about install, well this website is getting less participation than before and not everyone likes Ducktail Spoilers,there are many different styles and some cover holes.

Buy the thing
Use PayPal
Use Amex card to pay PayPal - They will insure / protect you if you have doubts.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to the source (Seller)
Call or write him
He is the one selling them - I assume he is making a profit - therefore he is motivated
Ask him for references, he has outstanding credentials and I trust him (as do many others here)
He has always gone above and beyond in assistance, same logic as Maverick Man and Andy from Kollar.
All three of these guys rely on references and referrals for a lot of their business.

Insofar as members posting about install, well this website is getting less participation than before and not everyone likes Ducktail Spoilers,there are many different styles and some cover holes.

Buy the thing
Use PayPal
Use Amex card to pay PayPal - They will insure / protect you if you have doubts.
I don’t have any doubts from the man. I have purchased from him before. I did send an email two weeks ago but have not received a reply. I did decide to pull trigger so let’s see what happens.

·
Stigly User
55 Posts
Been looking for a few days.. has anyone installed one? Being hesitant to pull trigger since I haven’t seen anyone post about it..

Hey I’m doing the same back and forth you were doing 5 months ago. Any news on how this went? Did you get the spoiler ?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey I’m doing the same back and forth you were doing 5 months ago. Any news on how this went? Did you get the spoiler ?
Yes I did end up buying it. I waited about two months for it, just to receive it and send it right back. Quality was not there at all. Nothing compared to a Maverick man spoiler. I requested to ship it back they said they would refund me if it arrived undamaged. I also lost out on the return shipping as he did not provide a return label and I shipped it out UPS. I have uploaded a couple pictures for your reference. If you are looking at the box with pillows and wondering WTF yes this is how i received it. The spoiler was not wrapped in anything just thrown in a box with pillows. Also they do not clarify that the existing holes need to be plug and filled.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,374 Posts
Wow, that looks like absolute garbage, and the shipping...🤦🏽‍♂️

·
Stigly User
55 Posts
Yes I did end up buying it. I waited about two months for it, just to receive it and send it right back. Quality was not there at all. Nothing compared to a Maverick man spoiler. I requested to ship it back they said they would refund me if it arrived undamaged. I also lost out on the return shipping as he did not provide a return label and I shipped it out UPS. I have uploaded a couple pictures for your reference. If you are looking at the box with pillows and wondering WTF yes this is how i received it. The spoiler was not wrapped in anything just thrown in a box with pillows. Also they do not clarify that the existing holes need to be plug and filled.
LOL OMG that is classic. Packed in pillows so that they could put that spoiler to rest! I don't think that will work.
awww geez. Im looking at tapping jcr chassis work for a big wang

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, that looks like absolute garbage, and the shipping...🤦🏽‍♂️
I tried and I failed.. I wish mav man would drop some more...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess I was lucky with my Bohnman front splitter. It did come in a box with 3 pillows that my cat loves, too. Carbon was great all around it, no issues like the pictures I've seen here, though I had to drill holes in the spoiler, it went on easy and looks great. I used 3M double stick tape to hold it on while I screwed it on tight. It did touch on some driveways with dips, so I learned to come in at an angle, slowly. Then I found that Advance Auto parts has a carbon-look door edge trim, large size for trucks. It matches the carbon splitter unbelievably perfect, really, and fits on just right. The 8 foot length was actually perfect so instead of the carbon edge getting trashed when it scraps, the door edge trim is all the touches. After a while if the edge trim looks beat up, you just swap it with with new one and it looks brand new again, and no more rough edges. It also has a space between the splitter and bumper in the center area so if you use a front mask like the Colgan (I drive my GTO about 1,800 highway miles a month) you can use the standard lower mask straps without any mods.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts