LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What you say !!!
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best time I got was 13.6 @ 105 with a 2.2 60'. I know I can do better, I just need some practice. It was my first time ever running. These 18" rubber band Bridgestones aint wortha crap!
So is this the time I should expect out of it being stock? Or should it be a little faster?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Thats a good average number for a first timer. Did you keep notes?

·
What A Rush..
916 Posts
RobertoGTO said:
Best time I got was 13.6 @ 105 with a 2.2 60'. I know I can do better, I just need some practice. It was my first time ever running. These 18" rubber band Bridgestones aint wortha crap!
So is this the time I should expect out of it being stock? Or should it be a little faster?
That's good for a first time out Bob. Jaime is running 13.1 or 13.2 stock with practice. Drag Radials and practice.

·
04 CTS-V
23 Posts
I feel your pain. I took the V out last night to the track for the first time and my tiny 245 Mich pilots did not help me one bit. Major wheel hop and tire spin even into the 3-4 shift. I musterd up a 13.7 @ 105mph with a 2.20 60ft.

·
What you say !!!
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I figure that tires are what is getting me here. I wish I could make the pinks run tomorrow. They were talking it up tonight like crazy! You guys are gonna be in for a big show it sounds like. Get some pics and some good stories Trix! They also announced that one of the guys that was supposed to run tomorrow durning the filming has backed out. So they were trying to recuit some one else. They said that they would be filming 2 shows tomorrow. Have fun, and say hello to the group for me!:pimp:

·
What you say !!!
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sick03L said:
I feel your pain. I took the V out last night to the track for the first time and my tiny 245 Mich pilots did not help me one bit. Major wheel hop and tire spin even into the 3-4 shift. I musterd up a 13.7 @ 105mph with a 2.20 60ft.
I know the wheel hop is incredible. I was hopping in every gear...well not in 4th, but I was definatly breaking traction. Nice car BTW. CTS-V's are bad ass!:turbonaug

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
The whole trick stock is to keep the motor cold and to ease out off the line.

This goes for auto's and sticks. While learning this I've almost hit the tree being out of control on a launch.

When the motor is cold it doesn't pull timing and you get full power potential.

·
What A Rush..
916 Posts
If your gonna hit the track often you might want to buy some 17's w/ drag radials and BMR drag bags. Someone in the club has 17's for sale and pick up some M/T's to mount up and you'd be set.

·
You build it, I break it!
4,621 Posts
Thats about what i ran, Mine was 13.6 at 106 with a 2.2 60, looking to improve that tomorrow with the nittos. I'll keep ya posted.

Anthony

·
Registered
73 Posts
does any one know on avg. how much time can i shave off with dr's and drag bags?

thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
m6 with a tune and intake/cut out

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
You almost matched my first time out in my 05 M6 GTO. I wheel hopped my way down the track and ran a 13.7 @ 105 mph (2.3 sec 60'). I had no idea how to launch an M6 GTO. With a little practice you'll be running low 13s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts