LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an LS2 with 823 heads, cam, and LSA blower in my '06 and have had basically zero issues for nearly 2 years of boosted daily status. Over the last month or two though the car has developed an issue where it has a fairly consistently high idle (between 1100-1300) once the car warms up, usually after a minute or two of running. I've tried testing for vacuum leaks with a can of carb cleaner around the usual gaskets, but I don't know how much that would actually have worked being that the engine is seeing boost. I also had the injectors tested and cleaned to rule out the possibility of a leaky injector as well. The car runs just fine for the most part asides from the idle and doesn't throw any codes so I'm kind of at a loss as to where to go from here, other than maybe having a smoke test done to test for boost leaks. Anyone have any suggestions? My other thought would potentially be O2 sensors being that the car takes a minute or two to get a high idle, so maybe an open/closed loop issue, but I would expect a code to be thrown by now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do you also start to get whacky AFR values? If so - that may go along with your 02 sensor theory. Maybe issue with your IAC?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't have a boost gauge so who's to say? AFR is usually good but I have seen it go way rich occasionally.

·
Worthless reject member
40,380 Posts
Don't have a boost gauge so who's to say? AFR is usually good but I have seen it go way rich occasionally.
you shouldn't be. is your bypass valve functional? i mean even if it's always closed, you should still have some level of vacuum at idle...

are you running a 2 or 3 bar map?

if you have any kind of logging stuff, hptuners, torque app, whatever, check your MAP reading at idle. Torque app will have boost/vacuum gauge and will tell you what's going on.

other than that, if you have hptuners, try an idle table reset. if it's not that, i would suspect the tune or the throttle body itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts