LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to go about getting a Monaro boot lid. I sent an email to an Australian Holden dealer but have not gotten a reply. I have removed my spoiler but I want to keep the original trunk lid with the spoiler on it in case my son wants it when he gets the car. So I need a new one and I would rather get the Monaro boot lid that has no holes in it rather than getting another 04 GTO trunk lid and filling in the holes.

Unless the 05 trunk lid can be obtained any time soon and with no holes.

I think I am going to put a fake 1 foot long black rubber antenna in the big hole in the trunk while I get this straightened out. I don't like the flat rubber plug I have in there now. The plugs in the smaller holes aren't bad but the big one looks kind of silly.

If anyone has any info on the Monaro boot lid or the 05 trunk lid I would appreciate it.

GranTurismoOmologato

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Well, when I talked to my dealership today about information on a replacement hood, the parts guy asked me if I wanted an 04 or an 05 with the scoops. Apparently, the 05 parts are in their system, so you might just be able to call up your dealer and ask them about that. I think however that the spoiler is always on the GTOs same as in 04.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is an idea. Since the trunk (boot) spoiler is Port installed, there is a good chance that the repalcement 04 GTO piece will have no holes in it.

I would investigate, its likely cheaper than getting a piece shipped over from Oz.

Steve

PS Let us know the cost of the trunk piece if you get that far, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts