LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the Borla CatBack system for the GTO adjustable, similiar to the fbody 98-02 system was ?

Anyone have one ?

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before the muffler portion there was a fork in the road, one straight out the other through the muffler. You could insert different diameter plates right in front of this fork in the pipes to allow exhaust to flow through the muffler ( softer-quieter ) or straight out similiar to a cutout behind the cats ( loud ). The diameters ranged from the size of a quater to half dollar to plum size to orange sized and then no plate at all.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Shinzon said:
Before the muffler portion there was a fork in the road, one straight out the other through the muffler. You could insert different diameter plates right in front of this fork in the pipes to allow exhaust to flow through the muffler ( softer-quieter ) or straight out similiar to a cutout behind the cats ( loud ). The diameters ranged from the size of a quater to half dollar to plum size to orange sized and then no plate at all.
ah got it. thanks. learn something new everyday.
hopefully one of our vendors can answer your original post.

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
I have one and installed it. I did not see anything that sounds like what you are referring to. The mufflers are welded to the pipes that come from the header/cats. Each piece only slid into the other to be clamped, no extra parts to insert anywhere. Mine are on SW headers and it sounds great, probably a little loud for some. High flow cats would mello it out but I love the new sound.

Dave

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stan thanks for the info. and the pics !! Any chance you have a sounds file laying around ? Really curious on how it sounds.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Stan said:
...If I had to do over I would not buy it because of it's sound, which is louder, but not pleasing to me. I have since removed the resonators and replaced the Borla mufflers ...

Stan
I had a Borla system on my TT and to have to admit it was a bit loud for my taste in that application as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts