LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Shooting Wide Open
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I had some people ask me about the ICON wiper blades that Bosch makes, and show some pics of them on my GTO, so here are a couple of pics I took tonight for your viewing pleasure.

Keep in mind that these wiper blades are far more advanced that the traditional wiper blades that are on most cars. I only found out about these because they were on a friends Audi (came that way from the factory :) and all last winter with massive rain here in Northern California they held up great and performed incredibly. They are still working great, never streak the windows, never chatter, and hold up at high speeds (over 100mph in a good downpour with no issues :)) - got to love that Audi AWD :turbonaug

I just installed them on my GTO and they worked great for the first rain of the season here. You can read about them here: http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/html/715_4502.htm

On to the Pics:

enjoy,
Macro

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
I have the Valeo Ultimate blades which are very similar, also a beam blade. I've had them on my Subaru for over a year and they've held up very well and still do a good job. The ones on the GTO are 6+ months old and working great.

·
MacGregor
243 Posts
where can i get a set?

·
Shooting Wide Open
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MacGregor said:
where can i get a set?
I picked mine up at kragen, around 21 bucks. You need two different sizes for the GTO.

Drivers Side: 422A
Passenger Side: 420B

Hope this helps,
Macro

·
oh u mad
608 Posts
wow what kind of camera do you use? that's awesome quality and skills.

·
Shooting Wide Open
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave68RT said:
wow what kind of camera do you use? that's awesome quality and skills.
Thanks Dave68RT!

I shoot a Canon EOS 20D digital SLR, but remember the camera is only as good as the lens, so I use Canon L series lenses almost exclusively. My Fav lens for overall work is the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM - Amazing lens!

Hope that helps!

here are some more shots......enjoy!

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108739
http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1759719&postcount=26

Macro

·
......................... ....
3,858 Posts
I've had these on for a while too, and they are still holding up well. No complaints except the price :p

·
Premium Member
82,628 Posts
Yep, did these after the first rain in my gto, had them factory on my mercedes, so I splurged for em on the goat

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I picked up a set of these at Autozone last night after seeing this thread. I'd been looking for something to replace those crappy stock blades. $44. Put em on this morning, sure do look high tech as compared to the old stock ones. Thanks!

·
Shooting Wide Open
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
phobos512 said:
I picked up a set of these at Autozone last night after seeing this thread. I'd been looking for something to replace those crappy stock blades. $44. Put em on this morning, sure do look high tech as compared to the old stock ones. Thanks!
Hey Phobos512,

Let us all know what you think when those rains start falling out in the desert! (for those that think I am joking - the Mojave can get some really bad winter storms!)

enjoy,
Macro

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
macro said:
Hey Phobos512,

Let us all know what you think when those rains start falling out in the desert! (for those that think I am joking - the Mojave can get some really bad winter storms!)

enjoy,
Macro
We had some pretty decent rain last weekend - frankly I was impressed with how well the wipers worked, totally silent. But the big rain is yet to come.

I personally am looking forward to seeing how they have held up by this time next year - that 115degF heat in the July/Aug timeframe tends to do a number on wipers.

·
Freddog
59 Posts
icon

I 've had these on my wifes Grand Prix for over a year and a half and they are still working perfect. I picked up a set at Advance Auto and they were only 14$ and some change each.

·
Shooting Wide Open
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NEVER!!!! :barf:

it was just the way the light was that night.

macro

StarCaller said:
was just wondering if you have some tinted foil on your headlights?

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
What is so special about these blades. Are they made of some special compound?
Chuch

1 - 20 of 42 Posts