LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this week i droped the gto off at the vette doctors for tuning because i changed just the cam and put on headers. so the next day carmen called me up and told me that the car just wasnt fast enough so he told me to slap a set of heads on the car . the heads i bought were from total engine air flow the flow over 300 cfm at 5.50 lift they are there 5.3 liter heads im waiting for results after instaliation my cam specs are 222/224 112 566/568 remember this guys the ls1 loves to breath this is my 2nd ls1 project before this i had a low 11sec c5 and after ripping in to the motors of these cars all i have to say is dont be afraid the head and cam packages out there are excellent they dont effect drive abilty and if your cam is in the 220 ish area you can still pull in to the dealer for a oilchange they dont even notice the cam. My trick was to be sure no one would notice is to crank the idle up to 1100 rpm with ls1 edit. remember you have a awsome motor under the hood capable of making 500 plus hp at the crank for less than four grand in parts once you drive a modded ls1 you never want drive a stock one again

·
Registered
417 Posts
:huh:
too many run-ons. are you saying you put on a set of heads from the 5.3 truck motor, and you say that will make more power?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kjac081 said:
:huh:
too many run-ons. are you saying you put on a set of heads from the 5.3 truck motor, and you say that will make more power?

yes they have smaller combustion chambers

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
7 years of aftermarket has alot of the ground work figured out. New LS1 owners can learn alot from the Vette and fbody boards. They did all the grunt work so we can just order, install, kill. What a bunch of nice guys ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts