LS1GTO.com Forums banner

2641 - 2648 of 2648 Posts

·
Porch Dick
20,226 Posts
It isn't like stuff doesn't get consumed. ;) (Most of these boxes are from my consumed bottles, though a handful [including the Booker's Rye box] I acquired from a buddy)

Dumped a bunch of bottles the other day that I swore were going to get used for a project, but realized that I'm too busy/lazy to do it.

Holding on to some to see if I get the motivation to do anything again. Some are just my bottles, some are from whiskey tastings I've hosted where we all pitched in.

These 1920s are all from the 2019 calendar year.

I have a handful of things that I drink regularly and when it is just the wife and I at home. A lot of the stuff that builds up are bottles that I buy, but only drink with friends and family. As much as I enjoy the taste of, say, Booker's 30th, it is more enjoyable to drink it and talk about it with a friend. That bottle is probably 60% gone and I think I've had 3 pours of it. Same goes for a lot of those scotches. Since that doesn't happen all of the time, that part of the collection tends to grow.

Booker's is because I tend to buy them two at a time and am always keeping my eyes open for some of my favorite batches. It's a great bourbon, but you certainly don't sit and drink a lot of it in one sitting.

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,800 Posts
I did a little bit of organizing. This is pretty much everything, top shelf and bottom shelf. There are a few bottles out that I haven't moved to this room, am storing elsewhere for an occasion, or are in the kitchen for quick access, but I'd say this is a good 95%. The wife suggested to me to get a bigger cabinet. :D She doesn't drink the stuff, but she does like the display when I open the doors.

Top shelf in this section is scotch. The bottom shelf in this section will eventually be all Booker's, but for the time being, there is some Little Book and a few other good bottles.

The rest sits in the bottom section. I'm not crazy about this shelf. It has a bow in the middle. I would add a riser to be able to layer the bottles, but I think I'll get another cabinet before I mess with changing this thing up anymore. There are some good bottles down here that don't get to make show their presence. To the back right is the non-whiskey stuff. Absinthe, gin, a couple beers, tequila, rum, bitters, liqueurs, etc. Other than a nice rum, there isn't anything special in that part.

That's a helluva Booker's collections. I love Booker's but it's too damn expensive around here. I still have a few of them. Just opened the Little Book III this week.

I spy an EHT BP. That is one I would love to find.

Y'all keep so much more stuff than I do it's amazing. I just don't buy bottles to keep, maybe I should start.

Meanwhile I do need to get another bottle or 2 and I need to find something new/interesting. I might post up some pics from the store and see if anything grabs your attention.
I currently have way too many bottles. When you live in a control state like NC you have to buy allocated stuff everytime you see it because you never know when you will see it again.

·
Porch Dick
20,226 Posts
Got another Booker's in today. This is a Euro release of what we know as "Dot's Batch" (2015-02). Pretty cool bottle!

·
Fake bacon lover
10,642 Posts
Bunch a Dak wanna be's up in here ;)

I kid, I kid...

Y'all keep so much more stuff than I do it's amazing. I just don't buy bottles to keep, maybe I should start.

Meanwhile I do need to get another bottle or 2 and I need to find something new/interesting. I might post up some pics from the store and see if anything grabs your attention.
Yeah, I got poop for a standing collection too. I buy a few things. I drink 'em. Then I buy some more. Plus I'm too cheep to buy really fancy stuff like these guys! $40-50 is my typical limit on a bourbon I'll keep at the house. And I'll only have one bottle of 'good stuff' at time. Will go up to $70ish on Scotch - but that shit will last me a looooong time.

Y'all are making me want some Rye.

·
Super Moderator
10,815 Posts
Working on some Hero's Blend Crown Royal this fine evening. While certainly not baller status, it's quite delicious.

2641 - 2648 of 2648 Posts