LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming back from university, just minding my own business "as always" lol . when i was taking the exit i noticed a car thats just few inches from my rear bumper, now what.... i noticed the head light so i knew it was "Porsche" lol . we both finished the exit and hit it. ..... by the time my meter was showing around 140mph he was 4-5 cars behind me lol then he gave up. i slowed down to check it out and it was Boxster S , i guess it was 2003. he didn't even look at me and toke the first exit :gr_jest: . it felt so good , a car that costs more than my car and cant even be close lol. :gr_jest:

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Nice kill Dark. :) Wait till you get your goodies and very few Porsches will be able to keep up with you.

Padre

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
desertgoat said:
What is the speed limit over there anyway???
Well Technically its 120km/h = 75mph on high ways :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good kill
They run low 14's or high 13's I believe and it will kill you in the handling department. Not everybody buys a car just to go straight. **** I can beat that car stock and it costs twice what my car costs. Who cares Good for you again you beat a car that wasn't designed for straight-line performance. It will kill me in the handling department also.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If I can't bash the poster he shouldn't bash the car. Sorry correction they can run high 13's stock according to motor trend.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not bashing the gto. What I type is the truth and factual. The Porsche Boxster -S isn't designed for straight line performance. I forgot to say nice kill in my original post sorry.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
4]Good kill
They run low 14's or high 13's I believe and it will kill you in the handling department. Not everybody buys a car just to go straight. **** I can beat that car stock and it costs twice what my car costs. Who cares Good for you again you beat a car that wasn't designed for straight-line performance. It will kill me in the handling department also.[/QUOTE]

Porsches are designed to go fast in the straight and the curves! As far as handling, my Alfa Romeo schools Porsches for fun on the race track! They are still fast either way, the Boxster S is just not as fast as the GTO! Good Kill. I'm still waiting for some young yup in a Boxster S to race but haven't found any yet!

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
1,597 Posts
Nice kill :thumbs:

I've raced a couple of LS1's (I SS and one WS6) in our Boxter S, and although I can get them out of the hole pretty good, they have no problem catching up and blowing by me. A Boxter S is no match for a GTO in a drag race.

·
Registered
347 Posts
ummm the boxter-s aint no miricale in the handiling department... Sure is smaller and lighter but its nothing amazing when it comes to handeling. Unfortunatley i see the boxter as being a bit of a cash cow rather than one of porsches great cars. Kind of what the 3-series is for BMW.

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
1,597 Posts
auzzie said:
ummm the boxter-s aint no miricale in the handiling department... Sure is smaller and lighter but its nothing amazing when it comes to handeling. Unfortunatley i see the boxter as being a bit of a cash cow rather than one of porsches great cars. Kind of what the 3-series is for BMW.
Actually, it handles extremely well.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
I think the Boxster S handles better then a standard 2wd 911/996 just because it has a better weight distribution. The 911s are know to be for the Highly Skilled drivers. If it wasn't for the electronic stability/traction control on the 911/996 I would have had many students off the track, in the tires, or doing circles!!!

Doc

·
Chief Poncho
3,032 Posts
04srt4 said:
If I can't bash the poster he shouldn't bash the car. Sorry correction they can run high 13's stock according to motor trend.
What? Have we now come to this also. Political correctness when it comes to cars? Don't insult the car you blew off the road? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

·
got rice?
480 Posts
auzzie said:
Boxters, MB 230's, BMW 323's are what I call the "I made it" model. In other words they're paying top dollar just to have the badge and the base model none the less. If you're gonna go for a luxury car you should go all out. That's just my opinion. I undestand that not everyone can afford a luxury car but I would hate to have to spend over $45,000 (I'm not sure how much they are) on a Boxter and get less than 300 hp in a 4 banger. Like Paulie in the Sopranos once said, "A Boxter is a Porsche with panties" :gr_jest: It really is a woman's car. No offense to anyone.

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2004Goat said:
Boxters, MB 230's, BMW 323's are what I call the "I made it" model. In other words they're paying top dollar just to have the badge and the base model none the less. If you're gonna go for a luxury car you should go all out. That's just my opinion. I undestand that not everyone can afford a luxury car but I would hate to have to spend over $45,000 (I'm not sure how much they are) on a Boxter and get less than 300 hp in a 4 banger. Like Paulie in the Sopranos once said, "A Boxter is a Porsche with panties" :gr_jest: It really is a woman's car. No offense to anyone.
I totally agree with you man :gr_jest: :gr_jest: . is that why the boxter guy didnt even look at me ? :gr_jest:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts