1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Those look kick ass. I want to get some wheels as well, but I do want the lightest wheel I can find. There is a little performance advantage to be had, so I want it.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Boyd's has a great rep, the prob is they are usually pricey! His cars start around $100K but those wheels sound reasonable.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
The rear end on that is awesome.......oh whoops......oh yeah nice wheels

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Coddington wheels are sharp. All things considered, and based upon what others are charging, the price isn't all that bad. Are they made with the correct bolt pattern and offset?

As compared to the Fosse wheels, I prefer the "softer" look of the Coddington. Each to his own, though.

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Smoothie II

Discount Tire lists the 18x8 for $324 and the 18x9 for $328. If there is a dealer near you, you can save a couple hundred bucks.

Diggs

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Diggs said:
Discount Tire lists the 18x8 for $324 and the 18x9 for $328. If there is a dealer near you, you can save a couple hundred bucks.

Diggs
The only problem with those is they are 5x4.75 (5x120.65) bolt pattern vice the 5x120 on the GTO. If I get wheels, I'm getting wheels that fit to the "T". The vedor that I posted originally has them custom made to ensure proper fitment.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GTOWILL said:
The only problem with those is they are 5x4.75 (5x120.65) bolt pattern vice the 5x120 on the GTO. If I get wheels, I'm getting wheels that fit to the "T". The vedor that I posted originally has them custom made to ensure proper fitment.
The whole reason wheels are hard to come by on the GTO is because the GTO is 5x120.65, not 5x120. Not sure where you're getting your information, but...

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
phobos512 said:
The whole reason wheels are hard to come by on the GTO is because the GTO is 5x120.65, not 5x120. Not sure where you're getting your information, but...
Well, everything I've read on this board indicates that the GTO is 5x120. 5x120.65 is the metric equivalent of 5x4.75". I think you might be reversed...can anyone else verify this?

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
303 Posts
I'm thinking either the Smoothie II's or the Magneato's

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
303 Posts
I just saw the Magneato's in person on a Lightning. Granted they were 20" but I didn't care for them I think I'll leant toword the Smoothies.

·
Former Owner but Still Here
451 Posts
ArlingtonGoat said:
I just saw the Magneato's in person on a Lightning. Granted they were 20" but I didn't care for them I think I'll leant toword the Smoothies.
Not to dig up an OLD thread, but I wan tthe Boyd Smoothies. Has anyone gotten them? Are they available for the GTO and any good sources?

Thanks

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
303 Posts
I ordered the Smoothe 2's on Sept 12th they should be here in 1-2 weeks. I'm also having trouble getting the front tires (they're on backorder everywhere) But I hope to have the whole setup installed by end of month. I'll post pics and fitment story once I have them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My GF has them on her Camaro (17x10.5 and 17x8.5 I think)... As far as a custom wheel goes, they're not that great. You can tell they use cheap cheap aluminum to make them. Rap on 'em with anything, even the back of a plastic handled screwdriver, and you'll ding the aluminum. Don't drop a lug nut or a socket on 'em, you'll be sanding and repolishing. Not to mention -- keep trying to polish 'em, and you'll still have clouds. Don't dare drive them in the rain, you'll spend the next full day trying to repolish. Your best bet is to take them brand new, and put a good sealer on 'em -- either Zoops seal or even clear coating them.

·
Former Owner but Still Here
451 Posts
ArlingtonGoat said:
I ordered the Smoothe 2's on Sept 12th they should be here in 1-2 weeks. I'm also having trouble getting the front tires (they're on backorder everywhere) But I hope to have the whole setup installed by end of month. I'll post pics and fitment story once I have them.
Where did you order them from? I really want them since I found out I can't put Torq Thrusts on. I am staying with stock tires so I won't need a set of those.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts