LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about these? Good, bad, etc? Do they have a specified "outside" and "inside" like the RE-090's?
 

·
No mo' GTO.
Joined
·
3,969 Posts
I've looked at those. They just don't look like they have grip. They might do great, but just from what I've seen, they don't look like they offer the highest level of dry grip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Wretched 6.0 said:
They are good, but I work for the company, go with the RE960AS

Tirerack has them for 175 plus shipping, and your local Firestone should be able to beat TireRack

How are these tires compared to the stock BFG tires in the snow and cold weather? Or how are they supposed to be at least?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sccaGTO said:
I've looked at those. They just don't look like they have grip. They might do great, but just from what I've seen, they don't look like they offer the highest level of dry grip.
Wretched 6.0 said:
They are good, but I work for the company, go with the RE960AS
I am going to get Kumho v710's for dry but I need a tire to run in the wet (autox). This is all I really care about for the tire, that and some street driving.

Wretched, what about the inside/outsde deal?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,700 Posts
Sory, I thought you posted the RE050. The RE090 i know nothing about. I've heard rumors about it, but nothing first hand, so I'd hate to give comment on second hand info.

I thought you were looking for an all around tire for your car, not a comp tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
i had them re050a 18" 140 tread wear summer tire only very soft and sticky.not cheap z rated over $200.00 each but they bite much better then the stock 17" i have on there now.and yes directional tire with different tread inside and out.
 

·
V8 Whore
Joined
·
823 Posts
Are you talking about hte Re050A or the Pole Position version? The P.P's are much better but honestly if you are goign to spend that kind of money on Max Performance summer tire, go with the S03's.

If you are willing to try something else, give the toyo T1r's a chance...While they didnt stick very well to start with, after some heat cycles they are pretty damn sticky with great noise and vibration characteristics. They are a bit numb but considering that I only paid 130 a tire for them, Im not goign to complain.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,700 Posts
S03's are discontinued, RE960 replaced it.

the 050 Pole Position is a very good tire, while the regular 050 isn't that great.

I'm not sure is the 090 was a mistype, as i haven't gotten any info on that, but have heard rumors of a Bridgestone Comp tire, but haven't seen anything yet.
 

·
V8 Whore
Joined
·
823 Posts
Wretched 6.0 said:
S03's are discontinued, RE960 replaced it.

the 050 Pole Position is a very good tire, while the regular 050 isn't that great.

I'm not sure is the 090 was a mistype, as i haven't gotten any info on that, but have heard rumors of a Bridgestone Comp tire, but haven't seen anything yet.
I know that the S03's are Dis...but you can still find them on deal/special places. Sure the 960's are the updated version but the s03's are fantastic tires, if a bit on the heavy side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tirerack has the RE-050A's (non-pole) for 92 each for a 245/45/17. i think i am going to get 4 of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top