LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I want to earn your business. Bring me a deal!!! I have 6 GTOs sitting on the ground and about 20 more incoming all different colors and transmisions!! Here are the cars that are on the ground: Yellow/Black 6 speed, Impulse Blue/Black 6 speed, Silver/Red Auto, Silver/Black 6 speed, Black/Black Auto, Impulse/Blue Auto with 1,XXX miles on it(NOT A DEMO) so you will get the full 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty with this car. If you are looking for a particular color let me know I probably have one incoming!!! Also any GMS and Supplier customers let me know we are accepting all customers on the GTO!!!!

Thanks,

Jason Feuerberg

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
I might pay $100 over invoice for a Blue/blue 6spd or a Barbados 6spd. Invoice for the Impluse/black 6spd.

Otherwise I will wait for the incentives.

Dealers need to learn that there are too much competition for these cars at the prices being offered.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
mrgto said:
I might pay $100 over invoice for a Blue/blue 6spd or a Barbados 6spd. Invoice for the Impluse/black 6spd.

Otherwise I will wait for the incentives.

Dealers need to learn that there are too much competition for these cars at the prices being offered.

you drive a hard bargain.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rocket for giving everyone the heads up I have not charged anyone ever over MSRP and my dealership will not allow over MSRP deals.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
I sent you a PM back. Guess your sales manager didn't want to go for it.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
Rocket said:
PLEASE don't pay OVER MSRP! There are Goats laying all over for MSRP and less. :)

I would pay $100 OVER INVOICE for the blue/blue 6spd car. Invoice for all others. And I don't want any red dashes so that eliminates Black/Red/Silver.

1. Impluse Blue/blue 6spd $100 over Invoice
2. Barbados/black 6spd Invoice
3. Impulse/black 6spd Invoice
4. Purple Invoice
5. Yellow Invoice

·
Registered
663 Posts
When you say pay only invoice are you just figuring the dealer wants to make no money? As far as anyone can tell there are no incentives, customer, dealer or otherwise, so basically you want the car at cost. Seems kind of lame to me to not make a reasonable offer at least that allows profit for the dealer.

And dealers don't need to learn, some do who charge over MSRP, but others who are offering deals under it should get some respect. I wouldn't take your offer if I was the dealer, I would let you wait for incentives so I don't get screwed. :wall:

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well mrgto I guess you will just have to wait until the incentives come out.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
ZillaGTO said:
When you say pay only invoice are you just figuring the dealer wants to make no money? As far as anyone can tell there are no incentives, customer, dealer or otherwise, so basically you want the car at cost. Seems kind of lame to me to not make a reasonable offer at least that allows profit for the dealer.

And dealers don't need to learn, some do who charge over MSRP, but others who are offering deals under it should get some respect. I wouldn't take your offer if I was the dealer, I would let you wait for incentives so I don't get screwed. :wall:

well it sounds like jasons SM didn't go for it. no surprise there. haha.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
LOL, you all need to know the secrets of car buying. My friend owns a Chevy dealer so I know the difference between what a DEALER pays for a car and what a customer pays at "INVOICE" for a car. Trust me, when a customer pays "INVOICE" for a car, the dealer is still making plenty of money. Incentives are what the COMPANY gives back to the consumer. The dealer has NOTHING to do with those. Ever wonder why car ad's, when ad mentions "All incentives to the dealer"?

I understand they want to make money, but they make PLENTY on all the freaking SUV's and trucks on the lots. Are people beating down the door for GTO's? Nope. You would think they would want to move a slow moving car so they don't have to pay the interest on them.

But hey, I don't need the car right now. I can wait until a dealer acutally wants to deal. No harm no foul.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think you need to know the difference between customer incentives and dealer incentives. Your friend I am sure explained that. Currently there are neither on this car so the invoice is the cost at this point. You mention SUV's and you are correct they are loaded with both kinds of incentives. It is no secret to find out exactly what a dealer pays for a car. I agree with you if a dealer is getting an incentive from the factory then "invoice" is not "cost" but that is not the case here at all.

I would also point out that it is very doubtful that you will see many incentives on this car as sales are picking up now that distribution is sorting itself out and Pontiac/GM will not want to make this look bad.

And I am sure your friend told you that profit is hugely different depending on the car or truck. In fact trucks and SUV's tend to be very fat while econo and specialty cars are often very low. It is also known that GM is not leaving much on this car currently as the tariffs are high and they are eating much of that to keep the cost in check. Once the FTA with Aus is signed that will provide more profit and hence more incentives to dealer.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
Very few people know about factory to dealer incentives. I am talking about Factory to consumer incentives.

Right, it is no secret. I knwo about the holdback. That is why I will wait for a dealer to deal. Like I said, I don't NEED to have the car at this moment in time. If a dealer wanted to actually deal to get it off the lot if they have more alloted to them, then they should take advantage of it.

Yea, we might not see incentives on the GTO but since the cars are not selling it is a good possiblity you will. GM wants cars to move. Checking out this saturdays boston globe auto section, SSR's are going for $41K, G35 coups for $29K, Z's for $26K, RX8's for $21K.

They need to get on the ball. I might go out with Old Goat today to look at a few in the area. Then again, they all have $3K markups on them. So, chances are they are not gonna want to do invoice. Oh well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was picking up my GTO today from service and noticed Every GTO in stock was on sale.....$1,000 off msrp. there startin to deal.........
Davis Pontiac. Richboro PA

·
Registered
663 Posts
mrgto, I want to apologize. I think I have been a jerk. I just want to make sure we give some respect to the dealers who are being fair. Since you and I know there are no incentives currently, I was just thinking that letting the dealer make a few bucks was only fair, especially when they are dealing. the car isn't bad at MSRP really, but it is even better with a 1000 or 1500 off, which still leaves the dealer some cash to make a "fair" profit.

I know what you mean about some of the cars listed. I went with a buddy of mine and they are dealing on the RX8, Z and the G35, although we were a bit ticked that the car advertised was "the only one in and now its gone" and the others on the lot were "a bit more". Just watch the bait and switch.

In any case sorry to be an a$$, I just want to give the dealers who are being cool a fair shake. How about 500 over invoice?

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
You weren't being an ass, no apology necessary. This is a great site also, www.carbuyingtips.com

On avg dealers make $800 when they sell at Invoice. Not bad if you ask me. that is why a lot of dealers will sell at that price. But Pontiac dealers don't seem to want to do that. You know, I would even go $500 over for a Impulse/Blue 6spd but that is the MAX for any car. I have purchased 5 new cars in the last 6 years and I pay invoice or less for every single one.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am the same way about waiting. This the first time I bought a car for only a bit under MSRP. I just wanted it and didn't want to wait this time. But eventually they all fall to where invoice is the target. That is how I did my WRX as well. One thing is for sure, the 2005's are slated to arrive in December time frame, so any 2004 models around by then will be discounted big. My problem was I didn't want to wait that long! I broke my own rules.

But 500 over invoice for the car you want now might be worth it. Figure you buy it now and spend 500 more than you want or you wait 5 months maybe. I will tell you this car is worth it, pretty fun.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts