LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
NelsonGTO
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just broke my carbon fiber driveshaft on the track, I need a new one, which one is the best, the car has over 1000whp.

Driveshaft Shop
Gforce1320
Hendrix

I would like to know your experience with what you have.

thank you.

·
This car goes to 11
1,505 Posts
Do you run a mid or rear mount turbo? Any excessive heat near the DS? Trying to figure out why existing DS broke before recommending new.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Call Driveshaft shop, talk to Lucas. They have shafts in promod cars holding over 3000hp. They can build you what you need.

·
baaaad 2 the bone
2,133 Posts
How'd you break it and who was it made by? Pictures please.

·
Kollar Racing Products
5,428 Posts

·
NelsonGTO
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DSS Carbon Fiber shafts are good to 1000hp. I have never seen a heat issue separation with their proprietary bonding system. I have only seen ONE broken...and that was ran over by the Fedex Truck...Shipping to PR is additional...PM me your full address so I can quote. Product is in stock...ships on Monday
http://www.kollarracingproducts.com/dss-2005-2006-only-gto-driveshaft-1000hp-1-piece-carbon-fiber-shaft-with-direct-fit-rear-flange/
this is what happened, the trans side joke gets separated from the CF, I'm looking for a aluminum maybe

·
NelsonGTO
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car its a DD with occasional track visits. I'm testing a re-freshened RPM 4L65E lvl10 with a new converter.

The t-brake is not tested yet..

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
DSS has done destructive testing on their carbon shafts. The yoke will break before the bond fails.

·
Administrator
16,444 Posts
PST has an unconditional lifetime warranty. Even if you are the one at fault for breaking it, they fix or replace it.

JMHO

·
NelsonGTO
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 41 Posts