LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Offered to finish a build for friend, cut some corners in areas I didnt want too.
Using stock feed and evap for return. Drop in aem340. Bypassed the stock reg. Base set to 43 but, prolly gonna go back to 60 to make it easier for the pump. Fic1100 and stock lsa rail dead headed to the regulator.
Expecting to go E as well. I know my car can handle about 700 on a single 340 but using a 10an feed.

I see people on facebook doing similar builds on the stock lines but never had one on the roller with it.
Not even sure its gonna handle the expected power as I never see their numbers posted.
Wonder If I can talk them into a surge tank in the future if its not enough, or just drop in another pump.

Any guess or experiences using the both lines and making average power?

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting
Musical instrument String instrument Music Gas String instrument accessory

Light Lamp Gas Machine Engineering

Plumbing fixture Bathroom Fluid Sink Tap

· Registered
142 Posts
Boost a pump would allow you to push more through when you get to E85. Easy to install/remove and pushes the factory wiring further if you need to cut some corners.

· Registered
3,019 Posts
Boost a pump would allow you to push more through when you get to E85. Easy to install/remove and pushes the factory wiring further if you need to cut some corners.
Hopefully he does a "hotwire" to the pump. I would not use stock wiring except to turn the relay on in the trunk.

BAP would work but i think itd be easier to put a bigger pump at that point

· Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully he does a "hotwire" to the pump. I would not use stock wiring except to turn the relay on in the trunk.

BAP would work but i think itd be easier to put a bigger pump at that point
It’s already hot wired. Just using a portion of the stock wiring as they never ordered a new harness. And the pump is as big as you can go for a drop in.

· Registered
3,019 Posts
It’s already hot wired. Just using a portion of the stock wiring as they never ordered a new harness. And the pump is as big as you can go for a drop in.
I understand that but if you have a regulator at the rails then you dont need a drop in utilizing the stock bucket. Just get a bigger pump, cut the bucket bottom off, add an external fuel filter.

· Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand that but if you have a regulator at the rails then you dont need a drop in utilizing the stock bucket. Just get a bigger pump, cut the bucket bottom off, add an external fuel filter.
The submersible hose wasn't ordered, so that wasn't an option. Doubt they would have wanted to spend money on a filter as well.

· Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I maxed out a 340lph on stock lines at about 7-750 on E.
Nitrous car pulling through the rail.
Boosted cars use a little more fuel though.

Get a standalone and put it on meth.
Well that should be plenty then. The owner isnt gonna spend standalone money. I also dont feel like installing a meth system for a person like him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts