LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this one is kinda the opposite. i was on my way to Jillians in the lightning while 2 other friends are in his 05 m6 stock the lightning is modded. full exhaust, pulleys 14lbs tuned makes 446 rwhp and 534 rwtq. best et is a 12.01 (gvwr 6000lbs lol)

so on the highway kid in the gto calls me says "ask Jesse if he wants to go,"

jeese says yea on the 3rd honk.

so 3 honks of the horn and away we got at about 50 mph lightning jumped out to a half car lead. we stayed out front til about 100-110 and the gto starts pulling by by 120 the gto has a full car on us and we shut down.

needless to say Jesse is sad and i told him see that's why i want another gto

:burnout: :burnout: :gears:

·
27th car is a keeper
59 Posts
aerodynamics hurt.... I traded an 03 SVT L on the GTO and I vividly remember the brick wall the truck seems to run into around 100 as the drag builds.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
nice kill for the GOAT. i only had one run in with a lighting. but is was not side by side. i was behind him and he was pondering why he cant shake this grad prix. :LOL:

·
Acta Non Verba
1,023 Posts
Wheelburns from a stoplight run you should squash his ass w/ that truck tho!

BTW, where in the hell were you running your cars up that high...93??

·
Registered
938 Posts
I got a video from my friend where a SVT L blew the doors off a SRT-10

·
Registered
251 Posts
Most Lightnings will run away from the SRT 10 Ram in the 1/4. There are not many trucks out there that haven't at least got a pulley on it.

BostonF4$,
Ya they come off the line really hard. I pull 1.71 60' times on DRs at a crappy T&T night at the strip. Now on the top end they do run into a wall at anything above 80.

Raoul Duke,
Exhaust on a stock L's doesn't do anything but make more noise. Exhaust doesn't help until you pass the 500 HP mark. If all he has is exhaust then go whip his arse :)

Most of them run mid 13's stock, but like I mentioned it is hard to find one without a pulley. With a pulley and a tune they get into the 12's at full weight and street tires.

wheelburns,
My truck still has the hitch and all the factory stuff and weighs 4,916 with a 1/2 tank, my wife's purse and me in it. Purse is only good for about a pound :sneaky:
And a Lightning is considered stock with exhaust and pulley :drink:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BostonF4$ said:
Wheelburns from a stoplight run you should squash his ass w/ that truck tho!

BTW, where in the hell were you running your cars up that high...93??
290 right threw worcester white city is the place to be on a nice friday night see some fast cars come out to play or the dunkin donuts on rt 30 by the natick mall.

Its not my truck its my friends jeese's from a dig the lightning would get him but we werent at a dig and the gto still pulled the lightning

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
99_venom said:
wheelburns,
My truck still has the hitch and all the factory stuff and weighs 4,916 with a 1/2 tank, my wife's purse and me in it. Purse is only good for about a pound :sneaky:
And a Lightning is considered stock with exhaust and pulley :drink:

well 14 lbs and a tune arent stock to me or anyone else in the world.

His truck has stock motor yes but it runs low 12's and with a good track will see high elevens

the tranny isnt stock either 2800 stall with shift kit, and nitto's

the gto is "stock" as in nothing doen to it:turbonaug

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

still a ghey ford lol

dont look like that but it did after i chopeed the shit outa it

·
Registered
251 Posts
wheelburns said:
well 14 lbs and a tune arent stock to me or anyone else in the world.

His truck has stock motor yes but it runs low 12's and with a good track will see high elevens

the tranny isnt stock either 2800 stall with shift kit, and nitto's

the gto is "stock" as in nothing doen to it:turbonaug
Whoa, if he has gone to the expense/work for a converter in an L' then yes he has gone past the simple pulley/tune. The converter is the best mod you can do to an L. But that GTO will still give an L hell on a highway race. I love picking on the fellow Lightning club members with my slow little 99 Cobra on the highway. But the Cobra is far from stock.

I've seen the tail lights on a GTO on the highway from a 65 roll in my L', and it's not stock. The GTO was a fairly stock one I think exhaust, that was running 13's in the 1/4 the same night I was running 12.3's, it was way too hot to be racing that night and too many ricers had driven through the water box draggin water up to the line. I can't make too many excuses about the track and heat because Smitty ran his 10.90 that night right in front of us. Dang show off :eek: But nitrous does cool the carge temps down on a hot night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts