LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer is going to install LT Headers...

I just have one question, what is the best set of LT Headers that I can buy, should I buy other parts.

The dealer won't be able to tune the car for me, will this be a problem?

Also I need the website and brand name of the best LT Headers.

Thanks.

·
3,327 Posts
Where are you at? LS1Speed has some, and they can tune.....?

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I am purchasing the car in Wisconsin, but having it shipped to Germany. Because of this the dealer is doing me a favor and installing the LT's but I can't get it tuned since they do not do that.

I will probably have to buy an LS1Edit and do it here in Germany by learning up on it and then sharing it with the two other GTO's here.

My concern is what will happen if I change to LT's and don't tune, will it cause problems?

And what type of gains should be expected with just LT's and no tune?

Thanks.

·
2004 Pontiac GTO
167 Posts
I would NOT suggest that a dealer install non-GM headers on a brand new car, especially if they cannot tune it properly once the headers are in.

The dealer can screw anything up during the install and it will be your mess to deal with, especially if the car is shipping to Germany, wiping the dealer's hands of any responsibility once it leaves the USA...

Think twice before going forward with that modification on a brand new car with no other mods...It is obvious that there has been no research done on your part, which opens the door to disapointment due to a quick decision. Take some time to figure out exactly what you want and consider the other requirements for the modification. :cool:

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
The LT's will be OK without a tune. You just won't get everything out of them. Look into HP tuners for tuning. I gained 12 rwhp with tuning.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quicksilver said:
I would NOT suggest that a dealer install non-GM headers on a brand new car, especially if they cannot tune it properly once the headers are in.

The dealer can screw anything up during the install and it will be your mess to deal with, especially if the car is shipping to Germany, wiping the dealer's hands of any responsibility once it leaves the USA...

Think twice before going forward with that modification on a brand new car with no other mods...It is obvious that there has been no research done on your part, which opens the door to disapointment due to a quick decision. Take some time to figure out exactly what you want and consider the other requirements for the modification. :cool:
Well the thing is I am doing my research now...

;)

Havn't committed to jack nor **** yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts