LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
hicklinc said:
i'm going to either get a gto or a mach 1 any thoughts
well I doubt you will find anyone here that will say get a mach1........

if you can afford it get a GTO.

if you can test drive both and walk away from the GTO then the mach1 was made for you....All around the GTO is an unbelievable car.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
If price it what you're after then the Mach is gonna be a lot cheaper. I've seen quite a few with low,low miles for 20k.

·
duh
1,214 Posts
I'm biased, but as mentioned test drive both. Hopefully that make it easier to decide. But I guess if you really want a mustang, I think the mach 1 would be a better choice than the cobra. :wall:

·
Ex SHO owner
316 Posts
Guess it depends on what you want:

Smoother ride, better interior, better interior room, and better handling, I'd go with the GTO.

If the price is your concern, get the Mach1.

But don't take our word for it, go drive both. See first hand what each one is like, then make your mind up with which one fits you better. Then shell out the cash and get it.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
someone had a post up here with a link to a ford performance type magazine (is that even possible... ford performance?) and they tested the gto and the mach 1. the mach 1 overall was like a 10 of a second faster, but the gto had the faster top speed in the 1/4 mile, and even the ford guys said in the article that the interior of the gto blew the mach 1 out of the water not only in apperance but also in comfort and functionality..... gto gto gto GTO GTO GTO GTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts