LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was sitting in a room signing on a refi for my house and a woman comes in and says "Do you have a Pontiac Gran Am?" My first thought was to say no, but I said "I have a black Pontiac". Well some young thing went careening into my car in a 71 oldmobile (nova look-a-like) after being hit from behind by a late model ford pickup, as she was turning into the parking lot where I was parked. Well to a make a long story short she hit my rear quarter panel and nailed my rear wheel. I'm pretty sure it bent that side of the suspension as the wheel was cambered significantly. The Goat slipped about 6-8 ft, and the rear quarter panel had a dent, and the bumper/cover that wraps around was trashed. My brand new steel works cat back tips have a very nice bend around the lip. Needless to say I need a drink. Any advice on what I should insist on having replaced on the suspension side, exhaust etc?? Thinking it is time to order the dealer 18 inch wheel option...

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
This is getting disgusting with how many GTO's have been hit by other vehicles. Hope the repairs go well.

·
duh
1,214 Posts
:banghead:

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Possible New Goat Color Scheme ?

:gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Man, how many more goats are gonna get banged up. I would have everything replaced and sue the crap out of everyone.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
No kidding, this is getting to be rediculous! That target is perfect.

As to what to replace? Everything! Don't let them do a half a$$ed job repairing it, since it's an IRS, I wouldn't accept anything but the whole suspension including the rear end and halfshafts. I would have the body put on a laser aligner and of course all mounting points examined and properly fixed if need be.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
**** this is getting out of hand.......in 5 yrs there might only be 1000 actually left that can be driven.......

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Sorry about the bad luck.

Shouldn't this topic be moved to the lounge as opposed to Engine Tech?

·
Happily paid my guzzler tax
51 Posts
Maybe its time to see about ordering that '05 rear fascia? How about a new set of 18's. Nothing can replace a damaged car, but try to get something out of the deal.

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
:banghead: whack her..... oh wait...did that come out?....

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
So, ya got a trunk lid for sale? :D

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
So, ya got a trunk lid for sale? :D
I knew it..... :gr_jest:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
I actually have to ask Diane too! :D

That would be a nice score as she's local. :D

Not that I'm a vulture or anything.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
I actually have to ask Diane too! :D

That would be a nice score as she's local. :D

Not that I'm a vulture or anything.
Heck, it's not like you called at the ER, right??? :)

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Exactly! I waited a day or two! See how thoughtful and caring I am!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
gto_in_nc said:
Heck, it's not like you called at the ER, right??? :)
Hell, I think he was at the scene trying to bribe the tow truck driver.

Alas, another instigation by a Ford. What's the deal.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Me? Never!!! I would NEVER stoop THAT low. :D

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Perhaps I have a secret alliance getting into accidents with these cars. Unfortunately my minions can't get it right and keep damaging my DAMN Trunk lid in the process! I need to contract a new company. :D

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Hmmm... Very interesting, CMNT. So... Tell me... What do you know about the Kennedy assassination? Or the Apollo program? Or the missile that hit the Pentagon? Are you now, or have you ever been, secretly employed by the CIA or the Ford Motor Company?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts