LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the DRL relay and it seemed to have worked. I have not driven my car yet tho so this is all in the garage. (Stupid Snow)

I was reading in the manual that the service vehicle soon light might come on if there are DLR problems, has anyone confirmed if pulling the DLR relay is all that is needed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are they ugly on the GTO or something? I like DLR's - people see you better - less chance of collisions

·
Registered
235 Posts
DRL's are annoying at night in situations when you don't want to turn your lights on, but they turn on anyways as soon as you remove the parking brake.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used to overide mine at night and day all the time in my '00 Silverado. There is a little button next to the light switch that had to be pushed 3 times and it would either turn them on or off. My best advice is to read the owners manual instead of going to all the trouble of removing the bulbs/relays etc; GTO might not have that option I guess??

·
Registered
205 Posts
Why did you want to turn the DRLs off? I like the auto light system so i dont have to turn on and off all kinds of lights. If DRL are just a part of the road I dont care because i cant see em.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh ok, thanks. Tell us how that works out because it seems interesting if Pontiac doesnt want to do anything for us.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Is the best way to delete the DRL's to take out the fuse in the fuse box in the engine compartment?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I hate DRL's too! Only my 2500HD has a cool set, otherwise they wear your light bulbs out sooner and really aren't necessary anymore as every car on the friggin road has them. So they blend in now really.

DY, that's not uncommon, when I pulled my DRL fuse on my Tahoe, the DRL indicator stayed on in the instrument cluster.

Would you mind pulling the relay on mine if I don't get a chance to get over there in the next few days. Thanks.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
DevilYellow said:
I'm going to do a HID conversion .... I dont want the HID's on all the time for heat reasons.
I installed HID lowbeams on a 1999 Cadillac DeVille, and the DRLs are the lowbeams on that car meaning they're on whenever the car is put in gear.

There isn't a heat issue.

The HID bulbs nor the ballasts emit much heat at all, both can be touched with your hand after a long drive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts