LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was over 400 cars at Byron on saturday so I only got to run the Goat 3 times. The neon club was there, the mustang club was there and so was UTI. Overall it was a very interesting day of racing. I saw many cars run including:

New Mustangs all running in the lower 14"s at 96-98mph.

Cobalt SS with mods in the low 15's at 87-89 mph.

Many fast roll on neons but most could not get tracion and were running in the 14's and some 15's but had high trap speeds. (there was a few fast ones however)

And there was of course 2 other GTO's besides mine. There was a stock 06M6 there that ran a [email protected] several times.

And there was an 04M6 that I saw run 13.7-13.9 a few times. Same color as mine and the guy said he was a member. We raced at the end and he was a very cool guy.

So what about me? Well my first run was against a Cobalt SS which ran a 15.2...here are the results. I would have posted the slip but my scanner sucks...but video will be posted soon...

R/T was .563
60 was 2.071
330 was 5.804
1/8 was 8.810
mph 83.31
1000 was 11.420
1/4 [email protected]

2nd run was against some fast ass old muscle car which ran an [email protected]

R/T was -.080
60 was 2.055
330 was 5.778
1/8 was 8.796
mph 82.61
1000 was 11.425
1/4 [email protected]

And the third run was against the 04M6 GTO with mufflers and CAI I believe he said. That race was awesome! I ran a 13.680 and he ran a 13.745 but it was a photo finish. I looked over at him through the finish line and could not tell who won...he wanted to run again but I had to leave...cool guy.

R/T was .331
60 was 2.068
330 was 5.813
1/8 was 8.835
mph 82.97
1000 was 11.460
1/4 [email protected]

Overall I am very happy with my results. The times were very close and consistant and my traction was excellent. My first run was off idle, second was at about 1200 rpm and third at about 1500 holding the brake and then releasing.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Chi-Town Goat said:
Felt good being the fastest GTO there!
Don't I wish I could say that. We've got some animals down here, can't go to the track without a 12.5/11 sec goat putting smackdowns on chumps like me lol. BTW most of those are 04's.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that 06 was wheel hopping down the track with his dual exhaust rattling around so bad it looked like it was gonna fall off...04's rule!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I run 13.50's @101mph full weight(still have spare and all in trunk), 1/3 tank of gas, kdw's, no tune, no CAI, no nothing. Was it hot at Byron? Did you wheel hop, spin? How can I be faster than a tuned, radial 04'a4 goat with exhaust.

I have an 04'a4 black on black. Is my car one of the "lucky" cars to come from factory a little faster than most?lol

let me know, im just curious.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was 82-85 degrees with a very strong wind pushing directly against the track. it was my first time but everyone who had been there before was complaining there trap speeds were low and there times high. I figure on a colder day with less wind i'll be a few ticks lower but for the conditions and compared to the other cars there I was very happy.

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
We're running out of time!! Rt66 only has one more T-n-T this Tues, that's it unless they make up rain days.

Even Byron doesn't have that many more scheduled T-n-T's, right.

There's always GLD all the way to X-mas.

Man, I've made too few runs this year. Still haven't improved my pre-LT's time.

Need to see if the Corsa makes a change as well.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ozzie Goat said:
We're running out of time!! Rt66 only has one more T-n-T this Tues, that's it unless they make up rain days.

Even Byron doesn't have that many more scheduled T-n-T's, right.

There's always GLD all the way to X-mas.

Man, I've made too few runs this year. Still haven't improved my pre-LT's time.

Need to see if the Corsa makes a change as well.
We should hit it this coming saturday...I heard there having the wheelie contest which should be fun to watch. For the first time EVER i'm hoping for a cold dry spell to hit for this saturday.

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
WAIT, the wheelie contest @Byron is not "kinda fun". That would be GREAT.

I have my boys this weekend, so it would be the three of us.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Chi-Town Goat said:
it was 82-85 degrees with a very strong wind pushing directly against the track. it was my first time but everyone who had been there before was complaining there trap speeds were low and there times high. I figure on a colder day with less wind i'll be a few ticks lower but for the conditions and compared to the other cars there I was very happy.
The DA was between 2100-2500 feet while we were there, not exactly ideal for drag racing in this part of the country. Not to mention the 25-30 mph headwind all day. In the better air we typically see in late September/early October, you should be able to shave .1-.2 off your ET.

Too bad you couldn't stay later. As always, after about 5pm most people had left and you could basically hot lap your car (and the air was better than it was at midday) until they closed at ~6:30PM. Even though they had nearly 400 cars there, I managed 12 passes.

BTW, I also have one of your runs on video (against another GTO I believe). If I remember right, he won the race, but you had the quicker ET. I'll e-mail it to ya when I get it off my camcorder.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gnxs said:
The DA was between 2100-2500 feet while we were there, not exactly ideal for drag racing in this part of the country. Not to mention the 25-30 mph headwind all day. In the better air we typically see in late September/early October, you should be able to shave .1-.2 off your ET.

Too bad you couldn't stay later. As always, after about 5pm most people had left and you could basically hot lap your car (and the air was better than it was at midday) until they closed at ~6:30PM. Even though they had nearly 400 cars there, I managed 12 passes.

BTW, I also have one of your runs on video (against another GTO I believe). If I remember right, he won the race, but you had the quicker ET. I'll e-mail it to ya when I get it off my camcorder.
Thanks for all the help out there btw. That was a very very close race against that other red GTO. I looked over at his car through the finish line and could not tell who won. I got my slip and saw that he went throught the finish first but since I left later I ended up beating him by one tenth. What was your best out there that day? Did you see that silver wingless firebird that was running low 11's? I talked to him and he said he had a blower but no juice...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Chi-Town Goat said:
Thanks for all the help out there btw. That was a very very close race against that other red GTO. I looked over at his car through the finish line and could not tell who won. I got my slip and saw that he went throught the finish first but since I left later I ended up beating him by one tenth. What was your best out there that day? Did you see that silver wingless firebird that was running low 11's? I talked to him and he said he had a blower but no juice...
I managed an [email protected] late in the day when the air got a little better (2100 DA).

I believe the guy with the silver Firebird works at a dealership that one of my SVT buddies manages. That car was a very nice sleeper. Stockish looking car (5 spoke rims with drag radials) with a quiet blower (I guess) and automatic....very stealth. The reason I suspected he was spraying was that he ran a few mid 12 second passes that seemed to be trouble free, but he also ran at least one low-11 ([email protected]) pass. The car was a bit loud, but other than that it was a total sleeper. Very nice ride.

·
Moar Signature Details Please
1,072 Posts
seadonky said:
I run 13.50's @101mph full weight(still have spare and all in trunk), 1/3 tank of gas, kdw's, no tune, no CAI, no nothing. Was it hot at Byron? Did you wheel hop, spin? How can I be faster than a tuned, radial 04'a4 goat with exhaust.

I have an 04'a4 black on black. Is my car one of the "lucky" cars to come from factory a little faster than most?lol

let me know, im just curious.
Same track, same day? There are too many environmental/elevation factors to consider. You can't possibly compare your time to chi-town's without having been there and raced on that day.

Also, if you look at my stock time below, a good launch would have netted me a 13.3 or slightly better with those trap speeds and a 1.9 60'. Does that make my 04 A4 even faster than yours? Probably not. No way to tell without you having raced on the same track with me that day with both drivers being equal.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
jdemonte said:
Same track, same day? There are too many environmental/elevation factors to consider. You can't possibly compare your time to chi-town's without having been there and raced on that day.

Also, if you look at my stock time below, a good launch would have netted me a 13.3 or slightly better with those trap speeds and a 1.9 60'. Does that make my 04 A4 even faster than yours? Probably not. No way to tell without you having raced on the same track with me that day with both drivers being equal.
Well said.

I already pointed out the poor DA from Saturday and the 25-30 mph headwind, plus the fact that this was Chi-Town Goat's first ever time at the track with his GTO. He's also full weight (near as I can tell) and ran his car at normal operating temp (no cool down/icing/etc.)

Plus the fact that seadonky posted these times for his car a month ago in cooler air than we had yesterday, so I don't know why he's surprised :confused: :

August 11, 2006
Best run of [email protected]
Best 60’ of2.151
Best reaction time of.049

Run 1) 6pm sunny 78f (BFG KDW'S rear 25psi)fronts32psi
RT- .354
60'-2.164
1/8-9.049 @ 81.24
1000'- 11.724
1/4- 13.969 @97.88

Run 2) 6:10pm sunny 78F (rear 25psi) fronts32psi
RT-.241
60'- 2.151
1/8-9.091 @80.62
1000'-11.786
1/4- 14.056 @97.33

Run 3) 6:20pm sunny 78F (rear 25psi)fronts 32psi
RT-.266
60'-2.271
1/8-9.309 @79.52
1000'-12.024
1/4-14.313 @ 96.63

·
Moar Signature Details Please
1,072 Posts
I have checked my IAT's in the past when heat soaked and found that it can soar to 147F on a high 80 to low 90 degree day. With the IAT sensor right up ugainst the radiator, I can see why. Taking some thermal wrap (radiant and conductive barrier) like Reflectix and wrapping the intake and IAT sensor completely with two layers dropped the IAT's at idle on the same day to 114F when idling for 10 to 15 minutes in the heat. Now my IAT's stay right at outside ambient when driving and don't go much above 108 at idle. BIG difference in the lost timing department. Now I am Predator tuned with a CAI and the wrap and need to get back to the track to see what it will do.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
gnxs said:
Well said.

I already pointed out the poor DA from Saturday and the 25-30 mph headwind, plus the fact that this was Chi-Town Goat's first ever time at the track with his GTO. He's also full weight (near as I can tell) and ran his car at normal operating temp (no cool down/icing/etc.)
Shoot with good conditions i'm gonna be in the 10's!:gears: :bs:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Nice runs Chi-Town Goat. :)

I'll be running tomorrow night. The weather is expected to be in mid 60s so there should be lot of good numbers posted at the GIR.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts