LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should probably just belly up to the bar at CorvetteForums.com, but I'm not ready for that level of commitment yet.

This past weekend, I finally had a chance to take my GS up into the mountains for some canyon-carving. One of the first things I noticed that is driving me utterly batshit is the stupid paddles on the A6. On the 7-speed in my Infiniti, as it should be, the left paddle is downshift, and the right is upshift.

I found the 'F1 Module' mod via Google, but everywhere I look, it shows that that module is only good up through the '09 model year. I don't know if that means that the vendor hasn't updated their product literature, or if it really is not compatible with my '13. Anyone?

Also found the S2TP paddles, and they're pretty freaking sexy. I think that's going to be a must.

·
1 of 40,757
6,224 Posts
Reminds me of the backwards auto shift on the Lexus IS I had.
funny how the way I think it should be isn't the way it's on a lot of cars.
right paddle up
Left paddle down.

On console (stick)..
pull for up.
push for down.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my G-coupe, the paddles are large and connected to the column, not the steering wheel. Left is down, right is up, and it's just a pull; no push. They're stout as shit.

The factory paddles on the C6 feel flimsy and the ergonomics are fucking terrible.

·
Send Nudes
4,565 Posts
Yup, I hate it. If you really dislike it, you can switch the wires on the right paddle so that it up shifts when you pull it toward you. That will give you the shifting like the g series

·
Dat...Ass....
2,411 Posts
I actually like that they shift the same on both sides...I like to sip my hot chocolate while I race.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts

·
Dat...Ass....
2,411 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
One of my c6's was auto and since it was my first flappy I was kind of used to the one paddle worked both ways....My Stingray was left right and took a few days to get used too. Honestly the both way flappys seemed less complicated if you're doing real curvy roads where your hands over lap in the middle of a turn and you loose track of right left...:lol:

With the c6 you only had to remember push pull I think lol. Heck that was 2 vettes and two challengers and two ram trucks ago..

Screw all that the stick is more fun.

PS the cf will only help if your waxing your garage queen.

·
Send Nudes
4,565 Posts
There are very few people on the CF that actually know what they're talking about. It's worse because many of them don't know what they're talking about, don't know that they don't know, and refuse to acknowledge that they don't know when they're called out.
As Hawk said, they're good for recommending a wax from the 80s, as well as slinging some shitty product that doesn't do anything.

·
Dat...Ass....
2,411 Posts
I love the part where you tell them the right way or speak from experience and they either get a mod to ban you or tell you that ChuckCoW proved you wrong years ago. :lol:

That said I love the flappy paddles. I had no problem on the road course...

My best friend tried to hoon her and overreved as did my instructor as he'd never tried using the paddles. Hell I did it too my first day with my first c6 as it seems counter intuitive.

·
Send Nudes
4,565 Posts
I love the part where you tell them the right way or speak from experience and they either get a mod to ban you or tell you that ChuckCoW proved you wrong years ago. :lol:

That said I love the flappy paddles. I had no problem on the road course...

My best friend tried to hoon her and overreved as did my instructor as he'd never tried using the paddles. Hell I did it too my first day with my first c6 as it seems counter intuitive.
Hahahah, that douchebag. He never could give a straight answer when questioned by people who knew more than him.
Meanwhile, the mods like to delete legitimate questions that the sponsor doesn't want to publicly answer. And reposting the same question gets them to PM you, but they still won't give a real reason why they deleted your post.

·
Dat...Ass....
2,411 Posts
Oh a note on this post as I got side tracked. The reason the F1 setup doesn't work on 10+ more than likely has to do with the 10+ being able to use the paddles in all gears. They changed the programming from 10+ to allow this.

·
[Indicating]
2,477 Posts
I should probably just belly up to the bar at CorvetteForums.com, but I'm not ready for that level of commitment yet.

This past weekend, I finally had a chance to take my GS up into the mountains for some canyon-carving. One of the first things I noticed that is driving me utterly batshit is the stupid paddles on the A6. On the 7-speed in my Infiniti, as it should be, the left paddle is downshift, and the right is upshift.

I found the 'F1 Module' mod via Google, but everywhere I look, it shows that that module is only good up through the '09 model year. I don't know if that means that the vendor hasn't updated their product literature, or if it really is not compatible with my '13. Anyone?

Also found the S2TP paddles, and they're pretty freaking sexy. I think that's going to be a must.
I had S2T paddles in my CTS-V.

I can tell you that they are amazing and worth every penny they charge.

Had this style in polished (so almost identical to these since these are the Vette ones):

1 - 16 of 16 Posts