LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met a cool dude with a black goat yesterday that had twin turbos and the
C6 knob. Sorry, I don't remember your name. I remember you told me the
C6 knob will fit on my GMM Ripshift race version. You told me all I needed to do was drill a hole or something I think.

I looked up the knob on Fred Beans and it also shows a bolt that has a different part number. Did you buy the bolt as well or just the knob and put your own screw/bolt through it?? BTW, you got a sweet goat there!!

Thanks.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just ordered the C6 knob from Fred Beans, it was fifty-four bucks:patriot:

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jontall said:
Is this it:
Yes, that's the knob, but without that wierd looking boot.:)

·
Show me your Headers
324 Posts
Jontall said:
Do you have the knob web address at Fred Beans?
<-------Sponser.

·
TACHNUP
2,310 Posts
I think he was asking for a direct link to the knob on the Fred Bean's website - not the Fred Bean's website itself. It's about damn near impossible to find unless you know which sub-catagory it's buried in. I tried, but couldn't find it under the 2005 Corvette catalogs.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jontall said:
I know it's a sponsor, but I can't find it listed...
Its part # 10354701

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
ok i was the first to try this back when the C6 first came out. got the knob at the chevy dealership near where i live. the C6 shifter is different than the GTO one... the shaft size is smaller on the GTO's. plus, the C6 knob has 2 different sizes on the inside. there's also a hole on the bottom where a bolt goes through to prevent it from sliding up. i got the lou's short stick so i just threaded the knob on the inside. when i first tried to see if it would work with the stock shifter shaft, like i said, the GTO's is smaller than the C6 so i wrapped some duct tape around the shaft to get it snug. sat higher than the stock knob because of the ridge where the 2nd diameter starts. you'll see what i mean when you get the actual knob.

good luck with it. :)

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
no no, you can get it to work. it just requires a lou's short stick and some removal of plastic on the inside.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn, now I am pissed! I should of went with my first plan(buy Bob's shift rod and buy a leather Hurst knob for it). Oh well, I can always ebay the C6 knob.

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
Rolencode GTO said:
Damn, now I am pissed! I should of went with my first plan(buy Bob's shift rod and buy a leather Hurst knob for it). Oh well, I can always ebay the C6 knob.
ROTFLMAO!!:fawkdance

·
I am now NOBOOST GTO SOLD
1,505 Posts
Rolencode GTO said:
I met a cool dude with a black goat yesterday that had twin turbos and the
C6 knob. Sorry, I don't remember your name. I remember you told me the
C6 knob will fit on my GMM Ripshift race version. You told me all I needed to do was drill a hole or something I think.

I looked up the knob on Fred Beans and it also shows a bolt that has a different part number. Did you buy the bolt as well or just the knob and put your own screw/bolt through it?? BTW, you got a sweet goat there!!

Thanks.
I was the guy at the Magnaflow event with the C6 knob!!

As you saw the knob fits it will sit a bit higher as jonlee mentioned, I slightly filed down the two grooves on the sides (not to much otherwise knob will be sloppy) and I also shortened my shaft buy about 3/8 inch.

There is a groove in the top of the stock shifter I found a file that was the same size and I made the groove about 1/4 inch deeper before cutting 3/8 off the top of the shaft. Now the knob will sit a bit lower than stock.

I then put the knob on the shaft and pushed it down with a good amount of force to be sure it was fully seated. I then marked the side of the shaft were the retaining screw is going to go to hold the knob on. I then drilled and tapped it for a 6mm X 12 button head screw.

Afterwards I slipped the boot over the shaft, (wont fit with knob on) wrapped just a few turns of electrical tape around the top part of the shaft, then placed a small amount of urethane sealer for windshields on top of the shaft (This will keep knob tight and vibration free) and pushed the knob on and installed the screw.

When I spoke with you I did not realize you had a GMM shifter so you may need to change a few steps to make this work with that shifter but I am certain it can be done. Took me all of 45 minutes start to finish.

This shifter knob is lighter than stock and is totally vibration free I absolutely love it!!

Les

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Loboost said:
I was the guy at the Magnaflow event with the C6 knob!!

As you saw the knob fits it will sit a bit higher as jonlee mentioned, I slightly filed down the two grooves on the sides (not to much otherwise knob will be sloppy) and I also shortened my shaft buy about 3/8 inch.

There is a groove in the top of the stock shifter I found a file that was the same size and I made the groove about 1/4 inch deeper before cutting 3/8 off the top of the shaft. Now the knob will sit a bit lower than stock.

I then put the knob on the shaft and pushed it down with a good amount of force to be sure it was fully seated. I then marked the side of the shaft were the retaining screw is going to go to hold the knob on. I then drilled and tapped it for a 6mm X 12 button head screw.

Afterwards I slipped the boot over the shaft, (wont fit with knob on) wrapped just a few turns of electrical tape around the top part of the shaft, then placed a small amount of urethane sealer for windshields on top of the shaft (This will keep knob tight and vibration free) and pushed the knob on and installed the screw.

When I spoke with you I did not realize you had a GMM shifter so you may need to change a few steps to make this work with that shifter but I am certain it can be done. Took me all of 45 minutes start to finish.

This shifter knob is lighter than stock and is totally vibration free I absolutely love it!!

Les

Awsome, I will figure a way to make it work.....thanks Les.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Phantom06 said:
ROTFLMAO!!:fawkdance

Just for that, I think I will have your appointment canceled for Saturday and have my car done first:fawkdance :bootyshak

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
Rolencode GTO said:
Just for that, I think I will have your appointment canceled for Saturday and have my car done first:fawkdance :bootyshak

Whats up with that, remember the volant? Be Nice, please!:barf:

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Phantom06 said:
Whats up with that, remember the volant? Be Nice, please!:barf:
:stickpoke :gr_jest:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts