LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to lay low. There have been a rash of street racing accidents and cops pulling guys over for exhaust/tint tickets here in the local area.

but today my ego got the better of me. I was cruising home from work and MMOB when I looked in my rearview mirror and I see a set of daytime running lights coming up pretty quick. I figured it was a C5/C6 Vette (because of the ride height).

Nope it was a Caddy (not sure if it was the faster one but it had a mesh grill), younger guy was driving he pulls up beside me and begins to pace me at about 65. We do this for about a 1/2 mile, I figured this a good time to crack open the bottle. I look over and notice he's looking at me. He stabs the throttle a couple times and I offer a thumbs up and then down shift into third.

before I could hit the horn to count it off, he mashs it to the wood and get about a car on me, I respond with a healthy ear full of ported blower on nitrous whine and instantly pull two cars, then open my lead to 5 and kill it at 120. He gave me the holy shit thumbs up and I return the compliment. We went our seperate ways. nice car, cool driver.

Tom

·
CCGTO Member
1,731 Posts
poor caddy had no idea what he was in for... :D

nice kill!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here are the specs on the standard and V not sure which it was.

Size, liters/cu. in 4.6/279 4.4/267
Horsepower @ rpm 320 @ 6400 443 @ 6400
Torque (lb-ft) @ rpm 310 @ 4400 414 @ 3600

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
tom's_03svt said:
I respond with a healthy ear full of ported blower on nitrous whine

Tom
Sweet :turbonaug

·
Keepin' JW in biz since 02'!
966 Posts
Good kill. I love those caddy's and it sounds like the guy was a good sport.

·
Here 2 chew gum and kick ass
4,057 Posts
nice

·
Resident Audio/Video Nut
734 Posts
Half way through reading your post I saw your Sig (w/Squeeze 587/611 to the pavement :eek: ) and laughed and said this guy has no idea what he is in for! :gears:

great kill :judge:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts