LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the Georgia GTOs are looking to meet at Silver Dollar Dragway on 10/22/04 (Friday). This is a 1/4mile dragway with all the goodies :punch: . It is located in Reynolds, GA which is close to Macon off of I75. The web site is: www.silverdollarraceway.com

So far I have had interest with: AMBGTO, Mike1421, PadreGTO (go figure!), JayinAtlanta, GeorgiaGoat, and LadyGoat. If you are interested then let Padre or me (Doc GTO) know via this thread or PM. Padre says we need to get there early and get our runs in before the local punks show up! They do test&tune from 6pm to 10pm. Padre recommends we get to Reynolds early, chill out at the hotel, get a nap so our driving skills are keen, then get to the dragway early and get teched and staged. Then afterwards head back to the hotel for a few brews and talk cars.

Padre chime in and give up the info!

Doc :secret:

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I'll just add: I didn't say "local punks". :) Good folks down there. It just gets crowded on Friday nights.

Since I'm coming from the north, I'll be staying in Byron. Plenty of hotels and 20 miles or so from the track. Those coming from the south may want to stay in Perry. Those in central Georgia will be close enough to go home.

Gates open at 5pm, runs being at 6pm. I leave early because Atlanta traffic is hell on a friday afternoon, so I get there early (by 2pm), check in, take a nap, then go racing.

It's a good track - probably the fastest in Georgia. Definitely worth the trip.

Padre

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's true. Padre did not say "local punks!". That's what the Savannah Dragstrip workers call the Wednesday night test&tune crowd. I call them Displacement Challenged but local punks is less to type . . .

Anyhow, it should be a blast. I want to see all-motor goats against S/C goats! Hopefully Georgia Goats buddy with his Mach 1 comes too!

Doc

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, welcome abord roadtripper!!!

Doc

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone, anyone . . . I must keep this thread close to the top for exposure!

If I mention the 1/4 track, they will come . . .

Doc

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Doc GTO said:
Anyone, anyone . . . I must keep this thread close to the top for exposure!

If I mention the 1/4 track, they will come . . .

Doc

Like I posted in racing, I will be trying to make this one...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Count us in...

Silver Dollar the fastest track in Georgia? I hope so! I wonder if the track will be good to me and afford me my first trip into the 13s? I'm getting frustrated down here at South GA Motorsports Park. My last 10 runs or so have been 14.2xx @ 99-100 and I just can't seem to do any better . :banghead: ~Mr. Goat

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Lady Goat said:
Silver Dollar the fastest track in Georgia? I hope so! I wonder if the track will be good to me and afford me my first trip into the 13s? I'm getting frustrated down here at South GA Motorsports Park. My last 10 runs or so have been 14.2xx @ 99-100 and I just can't seem to do any better . :banghead: ~Mr. Goat

I'll line up with you in my GTP. When you see me ahead of you, maybe it will motivate your goat to push a lil harder...J/K LOL
It is a much better track than Commerce GA, atleast thats what I am told.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looking forward to meeting some of you in a few weeks. I was hoping to meet a few goat owners down in Tampa yesterday, but I think I missed them by a few hours. Out-ran hurricane Jeanne up I.75 this morning. Now bracing for it to come through Valdosta.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Lady Goat said:
I haven't been to SGMP, but I hear good things about it. It should be pretty fast as it's close to sea level. Commerce is slower than SDR simply because of altitude. Track prep also helps. I've been racing in Steele Alabama, and the track is nice but the prep sucks.

And don't worry Mr. Goat - your 14.2's are what I was getting stock at SDR. You might pick up a bit with the cooler weather and the engine break-in. Weight-reduction will help too. And then when you get the mod-bug, watch out. :)

Padre

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got the mod bug right now :eek2:
It's just that LadyGoat and I are "green" when it comes to automotive expertise and there's so much information out there to filter and digest that it becomes quite overwhelming at times. We were enthusiastically "adopted" by a local Corvette club here in Valdosta and we hope to learn and grow by hanging out with some experienced veterans. Speaking of mods, one other 'non-vette' member of our club (actually, his father and brother ARE vette owners)... any way, he's a mod-FREAK! Check out his vehicle... and he's done much more since he updated his page.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right now we have about 9 forum members and Georgia Goat has a budy with a Mach 1 that is interested. About 10 as is stands, which would be a nice gathering. Chime in if anyone else is interested.

Doc

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Doc GTO said:
Right now we have about 9 forum members and Georgia Goat has a budy with a Mach 1 that is interested. About 10 as is stands, which would be a nice gathering. Chime in if anyone else is interested.

Doc

I am on the fence of what to bring to the track. My buddy has a GTP too and a bike and he is probably going, I also have a motorcycle that I have recently tuned and want times. I may be trailering it there with the car and the bike together...My buddy also said he talked to some people in a GP club that may be going there... Could be a big pontiac turnout.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe we need to contact Silver Dollar and let them know we are having a large Pontiac night. I'll check the website!

Doc

1 - 20 of 75 Posts