LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just contemplating what im gonna do next in the mod department, and am curious as to what a cam entails. Im leaning toward the HPE-S cam, but the car is my daily driver and I really dont want it to be to rough or idle to bad. Its an 05` M6. Also what exactly do I need and who has the best prices, I imagine I will do the install myself. Any suggestions on other mods would be great, thanks! :pir_flag:

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Basics: Cam, valve springs, pushrods.

Some folks also replace, retainers, lifters, locks, seats, seals, timing chain (set), ported oil pump, underdrive pulley.

I have an install guide floating around here somewhere. Just search with my name and Cam install and you should find it.

·
Kahuna Bill
726 Posts
I would stear clear of the big cam , then. No matter what anyone tells you, there is always a trade off. A cam with mondo lift (.580-.600+) are going to require dual springs, which = big bucks. And the driving characteristics of the car will change pretty deastically. Not to mention having to replace springs every 10-15k. You can get excellent performance out of a smaller cam, like radkon and myself and only use single springs........and save a buck or 2 to spend on an underdrive or shifter or whatever you wish. And its much easier on the valvetrain as well as the driver. Happy hunting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts