LS1GTO Forums banner

Cam Swap

6K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  the judge 
Be forewarned!

This is one heavy car to be adding too big of a camshaft into...

What works for the F body combos would be all wrong for the GTO...

How about a few "bolt-ons" first and then get a custom cam, designed for your application...

Ed

Collin said:
F-bods and GTO's are not all that different in the weight category..

f-bodies are anywhere from 3300-4000 lbs and I am poretty sure the GTO is within that...

There's a big difference between 3300 pounds (Average F-Body) and 3700 pounds (04 GTO) when it come to performance...
the 4000 pounds may seem like a lot but thats what my buddy's 99' A4 Z28 Vert. weighed in at with the 4 pt. cage...

4000 is a lot and will require a different combination than a 3300 pound vehicle....
BTW he has the same cam as me and it still performs very well..

I guess it all depends on what your meaning is of "performs very well"... ;)
Either way there are tons of cams to choose from and you are bound to find one you will like...

That's what a lot of the Ford contingent used to think until we started designing and selling true "custom" camshafts and not just "off the shelf" reboxed pieces like so many others...

It's all in what you consider "Performance".

Those who choose the "Cookie cutter combos" will always run just like each other. No better, no worse. However, those who are constantly looking for more than mediocre results will always find it looking outside the norm...

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.