LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
'05 GTO Nationals - St. Louis
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had him even until around 3-4 shift (me=stock M6). Then he took me to school. :cry:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Generally if he pulled on you in fourth, he was already doing so in third. Second third and fourth are real sweet gears in the M6!

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Thats not a bad run. Chances are the SS is not totally stock and may be minimal bolt on like CB, lid however, how bad was the schooling ?? They have the same power and less weight so up top i can see the fbodies running away. 3-4th is at what 90mph so maybe headers on the SS allowed for some top end ownage ? I don't know.

Lot of things could have happened. Take your lick and get em next time. I don't expect to run into any stock fbodies anymore the same as stock 5.0 stangs. Could be a few garage queens, but if he is out racing i'm sure he found some extra bucks to do some stuff.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
my buddy has a 2000 SS w/ american thunder exhaust and SLP intake lid. we keep saying we are gonna run. but never get around to it. it should be close. but i think he has the advantage.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
2loco runs with 2 of the 35th anniversary Camaros, and IIRC it goes back and forth. Part of it is being used to shifting and racing - especially w/ your own car. The more you know it and the more you are willing to push it - the faster you will be. Still, as stated - same motor w/ a lighter car - you shouldn't expect to win the majority of the time - especially knowing the prevalence of bolton's on the f-bodies.
Dan

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AmesGTO said:
How fast did you get going in this race? How long could he have pulled away on you in 4th?
It ended shortly after 3-4shift...not sure how fast to be honest, was watching the tach and the road too much. I'm not SURE, but I don't think things would have changed if we'd stayed in it.

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
goatwrx said:
Was the SS stock?
definately not entirely stock. At least exhaust, and who knows what else.
We were VERY even all the way through 2 and most of 3. It may just be me justifying the loss...(I hate to lose), but it acted like there may have been a little button-pushing going on in the camaro. I used to run a 150 shot in my Impala, that would be my guess. It was relatively near my house, so I think I'll see him again. Maybe I can find out what he's got.

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DANSLS1 said:
2loco runs with 2 of the 35th anniversary Camaros, and IIRC it goes back and forth. Part of it is being used to shifting and racing - especially w/ your own car. The more you know it and the more you are willing to push it - the faster you will be. Still, as stated - same motor w/ a lighter car - you shouldn't expect to win the majority of the time - especially knowing the prevalence of bolton's on the f-bodies.
Dan
Very true. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know how to drive this car yet to get everything out of it. But I will! :gr_devil:

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
I haven't raced an SS yet but I have raced two Z/28s, one an LT1 and one an LS1 and I won both times. I know the LT1 was an A4 but not sure with the LS1. These guys had at least an exhaust but not sure of anything else!

Good try! Do some mods and try again!!!

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
yeah ive raced a handfull of camaro SS, Ive beaten 3 outta 5 and none were stock, my cousins beat me like 4 out of 5 times, i had him once he still denies it tho, ive gotta give up raceing i need counseling or something i think im addicted and its starting to cause problems.

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just realized last night while talking to friends that I still had my T/C on. I wonder if that didn't do the damage at 2-3 and I didn't notice. In any regard, I'll try it again (under controlled track conditions with professional drivers, of course) and see how it goes without the T/C.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Merdin said:
I just realized last night while talking to friends that I still had my T/C on. I wonder if that didn't do the damage at 2-3 and I didn't notice. In any regard, I'll try it again (under controlled track conditions with professional drivers, of course) and see how it goes without the T/C.

My stock 30th anniversary T/A (A4) runs consistant [email protected] It dynoed at 311rwhp. Most stock GTOs are going to have a trouble with a stock LS1 fbod.

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
Won't get schooled with the LS2 unless the f body is heavely moded.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts