·
GOT Boost???
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Haven't seen those before. I'm getting the Pedders camber bushings put in next month. They're pretty comparable to the SLP kit

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
those are for the front. i don't know if they will even really work on our cars due to the way that upper knucle is designed. It has always been my understanding that these bolts are for cars that don't have the camber adjustment on the knucle. Also since are knucles are slotted instead of just a round hole I would think they would turn and slip too much to be of use.

·
Looking to buy...
226 Posts
I have a set of the SLP rear camber bolts I will sell you cheap. PM me.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Jake99SS said:
Haven't seen those before. I'm getting the Pedders camber bushings put in next month. They're pretty comparable to the SLP kit

The pedders and SLP kits i think are quite different. We have seen dual bushing kits put side loads on the axle stub shafts and create noise. I yhink they use 2 bushigns a sde. Pedders only uses 1 so there is no issue witht he side load

Inb terms of the bolts, I would not think they will work

mike
dms

·
Registered
763 Posts
Interesting. Just to see if I'm picturing this right, the 5403 mounts in the outer arm just behind the x-member bushing. And the SLP kit goes there and in the place where the 7023 *would* go?

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Jake99SS said:
Interesting. Just to see if I'm picturing this right, the 5403 mounts in the outer arm just behind the x-member bushing. And the SLP kit goes there and in the place where the 7023 *would* go?
The 7023 would be used on the inner lower rear control arm for those who want full rubber replacement.

Hope this helps
mike
dms

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
I may be misreading some of the posts and if I am disregard my post.

The GTO is delivered to the USA with a floating shaft of the drivers side of the differential. Installing a camber eccentric in the inner arm position closest to the differential is not recommended nor is a four eccentric (inner and outer arm) eccentric kit. Adjusting from the inner arm can cause the float to disappear and the differential to bind and grind. Pedders recommends an eccentric (Pedders Part Number 5403) be installed in the outer arm position closest to the body rail and an EP7023 urethane bush be installed in the inner arm position. The factory toe adjustment and the camber eccentric will provide adequate adjustment for toe and camber.

The camber bolt shown in the beginning of this thread is not designed for the Commodore / Monaro / GTO.

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
JusticePete said:
The camber bolt shown in the beginning of this thread is not designed for the Commodore / Monaro / GTO.
This is correct. The picture shown (which may not be the true style for that part #) is for average cars. Holden does provide a bolt to slowly adjust the camber on the front suspension. You showed it to them. I haven't had any problems with the strut bolts (which are said to be Torque To Yield bolts). So, any competant technician can loosen up these bolts, adjust the struts as necessary, & tighten them up. For more of my rant, go here: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1795281#post1795281

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bucmiester said:
Found some on Summit and was wondering if anyone has tryed them or should I go the SLP route?
The camber bolts in the picture are intended for use with the struts. These bolts would allow for limited camber adjustment of the front wheels. I am unaware if any colleagues have tried these bolts in their GTO and therefore would suggest confirmation from the vendor before buying.

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
Edmundo said:
The camber bolts in the picture are intended for use with the struts. These bolts would allow for limited camber adjustment of the front wheels. I am unaware if any colleagues have tried these bolts in their GTO and therefore would suggest confirmation from the vendor before buying.
What we are trying to tell him is that the bolts he linked to are unnecessary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts