LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok so i replaced the control arm with a new wheel bearing since it was going out and it still looks like this,also i took it to get realigned and the alignment guy told me that the toerod was bent .Could this be the cause?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Did you replace control arm by yourself? If not, who ever replaced it would have to take toe rod out and reinstall it to replace control arm. At that point, if toe rod is bent, it would be weird that it was not obvious.

It could be bent toe rod but that would have more effect on toe and not as much on camber. But it could be if its badly bent. Unbolt toe rod on one side. It's only two bolts holding it. It should look better without toe rod connected if that is what's wrong.

·
1 of 40,757
6,387 Posts
Red circle is where camber adjustment is made using eccentric bushings. There is no way to get that much positive camber unless that mount is broken.

Green arrow is the toe arm.
Never seen it but I guess if the toe arm is bent beyond max toe out it would then cause positive camber.

Get the car up in the air and compare both sides.

gto_susp.jpg

·
Performance Addict
2005 PBM, 6 Speed, corner carver
147 Posts
I would look very closely and the inner toe rod mount as well.

Disconnect the toe rod from the wheel and see how the wheel sits. You cannot drove like that but At least you will know if you are on the right track. Once off it may look better.

I’d be very concerned there is more bent than the toe rod.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Unless you 'know a guy' you are not likely to get a shop to do any sort of camber work out back; the book says there is no provision for rear camber adjustment. For liability reasons that is the end of it weather you have the right stuff or not. They can look at the toe but as far as they are concerned camber is what it is. When that finally became clear to me I bought the tooling and do it myself now. I've found that if you get the car level (important) and adjust so a standing level against the low side sidewall having a 3/8" gap at the top sidewall with the level plumb will get you very close to a -2 camber.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts