LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Try Me
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around to see if any of you have cammed your GTO's yet but didn't find much. Anyone swap the cam yet and if not.. Why the hell not? :)

Ron

·
Try Me
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blitzu said:
I will once I am sure I dont want my warrenty anymore :) The car is tooo new to be messing around with it. Who knows what recall could pop up in the first year.

I know the motor is the same and shouldnt have any recalls, but something else might go wrong where they will not repair it because they could blameit on the engine being modified.

I will though be doing a cam swap if not this summer, this winter.
Thanks for the quick reply's guys. I'm on the Verge of buying a 6Spd GTO.. Maybe possibly this week and was just wondering if anyone has gone extreme. If i do buy the GTO... LPE's 208/220 cam is first on my list.. With a 118.5LSA... The Dealer wouldn't even be able to tell the engine has been touched. :)

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
:slap:

224/224 .581/.581 112LSA

That with proper tuning will acctually be quite driveable and make big power. I might do something in the 230's and maybe 590 lift.

I've driven cars with this cam and couldnt even tell its there while cruising around. Dont put a tiny little cam in there. Think about 1.85 rockers. But I understand warranty concerns.

·
Try Me
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DevilYellow said:
:slap:

224/224 .581/.581 112LSA

That with proper tuning will acctually be quite driveable and make big power. I might do something in the 230's and maybe 590 lift.

I've driven cars with this cam and couldnt even tell its there while cruising around. Dont put a tiny little cam in there. Think about 1.85 rockers. But I understand warranty concerns.
DY,

Very nice suggestion but i'm thinking about going the Sleeper route if i do buy the GTO. Maybe an MTI Sleeper 2 cam with a set of Patriot Stage 2 LS6's. Had a TR224 in my Firehawk... Loved the way it sounded.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Will soon :)
I've got some new lobes and profiles that are designed around a few popular CNC heads out there as well as the new AFR LSX heads. Patriot and AP are providing heads for me to flow test and evaluate so I'll have profiles ready for them. So if these heads are in your future, I have the data.

I normally do only custom designs, based on a particular customer's combo, but the latest trend is to give people a "close enough" profile just to have one on the shelf... I'm not a big believer of this type of cam designing but there appears to be a trend for shops to do this so I'm also looking into it...

DY... if you want, send me your future plans for your combination and maybe we can work on a "deal". ;)

Ed

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Will soon :)
What he said. I originally wanted to do a 427 stroker motor, but that may be out of the budget if I plan on buying a piece of ***elry for the G/F. Instead I may just go with a 382 stroker.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I've been thinking about the cam route. The aftermarket has had quite a few years to perfect an emissions legal cam thats adds some serious balls. I won't be in the market for awhile though. I feel you have to get the exhaust open before you touch the motor. So thats the first priority.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Adam4356 said:
I've been thinking about the cam route. The aftermarket has had quite a few years to perfect an emissions legal cam thats adds some serious balls. I won't be in the market for awhile though. I feel you have to get the exhaust open before you touch the motor. So thats the first priority.

I agree with you on that. I would like a nice emission legal cam and heads. Then for me it will be exhaust, intake then engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts