LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn....... i am dying to hear the touring and sport systems
i can't buy it if i don't hear it :punch:
there are some members who have installed the corsa cat back.. so plzzzzzzzzzz could you record and give us a sound clip?

·
Got V8
241 Posts
Ya I would like to hear it too.

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Trust me, go wiht the sport. You wont be dissapointed. It is very quiet inside, not loud and annoying outside. But if you wanted it to get badass sounding just remove the stock cats and resonators with the RT cats.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
I had the pace car system on the Vette which I assume is the same as the sport system on the GTO since both cars have a touring system and the clip mentioned above sounds just like my old pace car system.

It was nice, but as it aged it did sound a bit raspy. If I had it to do over again I would have gone with the touring system. But that is just me and I tend to like things quite and stealthy.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
The guys are Corsa said the Sport system would definately be their biggest seller. I think the touring might be good if you aren't looking for loud especially if you open up any more of the exhaust. One thing I noticed is that this system is very solid and when it gets up to temp it actually lengthens enough that instead of being flush it moves out 1/4 inch or so. It is pretty cool. If anyone doesnt believe me Ill take my infrared temp gauge and take a before/after pic of the tip along with the temp.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
I noticed the same thing as you with the heat.That tip also gets extremely hot. Anthony

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
I want to do that SLP Pulley but it looks like a bitch. How many ft-lbs of torque was it? did you do it yourself, any tips?

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Slp pulley

LiqTenExp said:
I want to do that SLP Pulley but it looks like a bitch. How many ft-lbs of torque was it? did you do it yourself, any tips?
It was like 260-280 ft-lb on the bolt to seat the balancer and then you put the new bolt in and torque to 37 ft-lb and turn 140 degrees.Yes I did it myself and yes its a pita.You need the specific puller and installer and an angle guage for the bolt degrees.Oh ya,a torque wrench that goes to at least 280.Anthony

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Bone said:
It was like 260-280 ft-lb on the bolt to seat the balancer and then you put the new bolt in and torque to 37 ft-lb and turn 140 degrees.Yes I did it myself and yes its a pita.You need the specific puller and installer and an angle guage for the bolt degrees.Oh ya,a torque wrench that goes to at least 280.Anthony

WTF is up with the tq specs these days??? What happened to just say.... 52 ft/lbs? Why does it have to be 37 ft/lbs and 140 degees???? What genius came up with that???? Some manufacturer betting that people will be breaking stuff and needing to by replacements I bet.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Shag Finger said:
WTF is up with the tq specs these days??? What happened to just say.... 52 ft/lbs? Why does it have to be 37 ft/lbs and 140 degees???? What genius came up with that???? Some manufacturer betting that people will be breaking stuff and needing to by replacements I bet.
GM has been using this for years now on intakes and other critical parts.Probably because of all the polymer parts.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Bone said:
GM has been using this for years now on intakes and other critical parts.Probably because of all the polymer parts.

LOL yeah that is what I am talking about. I know they have been using it for years but why???? Who cares what its made of. Taking the bolt on something and torquing it to a certain spec and turning a certain amount of degrees will still result in a specified amount of torque no matter how you look at it.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Shag Finger said:
LOL yeah that is what I am talking about. I know they have been using it for years but why???? Who cares what its made of. Taking the bolt on something and torquing it to a certain spec and turning a certain amount of degrees will still result in a specified amount of torque no matter how you look at it.
Doesn't account for bolt stretch though.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Shag Finger said:
Ok I'll bite. How does the new way do this versus just a specific tq spec?
I am no engineer,but I know what I am taught.Someone behind a desk must have figured it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts