LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These images have surfaced in Australia, and whilst it looks quite nice nothing is known of it's origins. It has a similar appearance to the topic on the RKO bodykit, however I have my suspicions that it might be just photo choping? Can anyone help in regards to this topic?

Many thanks

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
This is a GM Project car. As you can see the fenders have really been worked as well as alot of other things. It has a LS2 motor and alot of performance goodies. We'll get more info soon, but its not a production car and the parts on the car are not ment for production (yet).

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
DevilYellow said:
are not ment for production (yet).
hmmm.......I see this as a clue......I think you know more? :sneaky:

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
You know...I'll bet thats the GM project car that will be at the dream cruise. I read about that car in a thread on here, saying it had body work, 500hp, and some other things. Notice the Michigan manufacturers plate. So if thats the car, then it'll be at the Athens coney at the cruise for all the locals :)

I'll definately have my camera to take plenty of pictures of it :)

-Brian

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK well us Aussies will make you guys in the U.S.A. this deal. Since we made the GTO for you, and sent it over you guys have to send us that kit. Do we have a deal guys :) :cool: :thumbs: :bubbrub

That is the best looking kit I have seen in a long time!

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
yes that kit rocks we need to get some company to make it, make list of people who want it ,maybe we all pay half on the kit so if the kits is say 3k everyone chips in 1500.
get it built then it gose out to us . maybe we could all work out a deal with RKsport or something to build it . lots fiberglass folks out there and metal workers anyone wanna work on this body kit ??

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
as nice as it looks, i'd only want the hood. if you ever got in a wreck or ran up on a curb, god forbid, the body work would be quite extensive. from the picture it looks as if the front bumper is a single piece that wraps around to the front of both doors and the rear bumper wraps around and is connected to the sideskirts. so basicall on the bottom half of the car there are 4 pieces, 2 doors, a front piece and a rear piece. looks bada$$, but too much to worry about. just my .02
mike

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
This is more then just a slap on body kit, it would take alot of work, that car has all new fenders and 1/4 panels. Would cost many $1000's just to have it installed.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
GMH GTO said:
This is more then just a slap on body kit, it would take alot of work, that car has all new fenders and 1/4 panels. Would cost many $1000's just to have it installed.

I don't care how much work or $$$$ it would take, sign me up....And you guy's "down under", keep up the good work and maybe, just maybe we'll send you a kit or two...lol...lol...:))

ROK

·
21,898 Posts
GMH GTO said:
what do you think it would cost to get that hood made

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
im takeing this photo to a buddies shop they only do custom stuff

called Toy works

im gonna see what they think and how much it would cost to have some of this made or something vary close to it keep ya posted.

if it is possible i may need those who are interested to make list

im shure it would be a made to order type thing only made with half down no refunds

keep your fingers crossed this shop is good and they do stuff like this all time

ps how much would folks be willing to pay for such a kit ???
sounds nuts but i could get a loan to have it built but then id need to make the money back to pay the loan so if there enough intrest lets make list of folks who would want it for shure .

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd be in for the hood

zbaron said:
im takeing this photo to a buddies shop they only do custom stuff

called Toy works

im gonna see what they think and how much it would cost to have some of this made or something vary close to it keep ya posted.

if it is possible i may need those who are interested to make list

im shure it would be a made to order type thing only made with half down no refunds

keep your fingers crossed this shop is good and they do stuff like this all time

ps how much would folks be willing to pay for such a kit ???
sounds nuts but i could get a loan to have it built but then id need to make the money back to pay the loan so if there enough intrest lets make list of folks who would want it for shure .

What about if it's just a hood only? This is the only hood that looks good on the car; the scoops are sunken as opposed to raised. I love it! If your friends make it, I'm in. But only want the hood... As far as I can tell, the other hoods come in between $700 and $800 - I'd go for that.

Thanks!

·
21,898 Posts
zbaron said:
been looking into this ill know little more next week i bought a stock hood so they can play with it we will see what happends.
count me in!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here are some more pictures I have been able to get hold of guys. I must admit the induction set-up is unique. Now like I said gentleman make sure you look after us guys from down under please as this is the most awesome looking Monaro/GTO I have ever seen :hail:

Hope you guys enjoy them as much as I have.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Wow!!!!!

OMG, I love this body kit!!!! I like everything about it, especially the duel air induction for the scoops. Hmmmmmm, I still have my stock hood in the cellar...now if I can just find someone to..................

ROK

1 - 20 of 25 Posts