LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
That's my Craftsman riding mower after the new cam install :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
571 Posts
White Rider said:
Your 4 wheeler has a lopey cam?
Hell if I know!
It's an '86 TRX 200SX that I've beaten the hell out of it!

It idles rough when cold and if the choke isn't pulled out just right it sounds exactly like the audio when rev'd.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
If I was a betting man, I'd have to put my money on a dirt bike. lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think it's a single cylinder, four-stroke dirt bike. Although it could be an uncorked Ducati V-twin.

-Chris
(Yamaha YZF600R owner)

·
Registered
44 Posts
It sounds like a greater than 45º degree V-twin. Could be a Duc, V-Max, or any number of assorted 2-cylinder monsters with rumpity cams available. I have heard some old bevel Ducs with Conti's that sound a lot like that. I like it :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Snowmobile???

slick50

·
Registered
287 Posts
To me it sounds like a V 4 like a Yamaha V-Max or a Honda Magna with a after market exhaust. Have heard them before.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Maybe one of those old 3-cylinder Honda's???

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It sounds like me sleeping at night.
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, funny replies!

To those that said Yamaha V-Max your right! Not sure why the recording sounds so metalic at high revs tho...

It's in stockform and stock exhaust but has been drilled on the outside plate.

The great V-max hot rod bike- 1200cc v4 0-60mph in 3 sec 1/4mile in under 11 sec- ive seen mid 10's with slight airbox and pipe mods. [email protected] [email protected] Don't mess with these weedwackers!

Anyone else got a mystery engine/exhaust sound?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a V-Max with Hole Shot Exhaust ----Pretty good guess hah. I have also had a Honda Magna with after market exhaust that sounds close also v----both are V/4s.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
HD926 said:
I have a V-Max with Hole Shot Exhaust ----Pretty good guess hah. I have also had a Honda Magna with after market exhaust that sounds close also v----both are V/4s.

I don't remember ever making bike exhaust :drink: :slap: :drink:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just got a chance to tally the pole in my office. We were wrong, cause the majority, me and my brother, thought it was a flathead Ford with low compression.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts