LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last I heard was that my car had left port of origin at 3550 on 4-18. Went by the dealer this morning and he pulled up the order sheet. The 4-18 event was still there, but under it there was another event code 3550 saying it left AU on 5-24! God I hope that is not right for the sake of my mental health. :banghead:

Can anybody help?

LFP I know you are the man on crap like this.

Thanks!

Order Number - JTTCJV

·
Registered
31 Posts
CrazyAL said:
The last I heard was that my car had left port of origin at 3550 on 4-18. Went by the dealer this morning and he pulled up the order sheet. The 4-18 event was still there, but under it there was another event code 3550 saying it left AU on 5-24! God I hope that is not right for the sake of my mental health. :banghead:

Can anybody help?

LFP I know you are the man on crap like this.

Thanks!

Order Number - JTTCJV
The same thing happened to me as well. My car left the port on 4-18 and it now says 5-24. The dealer called to talk to GM about it and they are suppose to get back to them once they find out. Lets put it this way i ordered it 12-15-05. Not a happy camper by any means....

·
Joe in TN
361 Posts
Probably just the way the code was read. If you hit 3550 on 4/18 then it should be changing codes this week. It is usually a little behind actual progress. I know how feel about the wait. I ordered on 8/2/2005 and got it 1/28/2006 and out of 8 eight that were ordered around that time I was 2nd to last to get mine. Remember that most dealers are not used to tracking with the codes we have since this is Pontiacs only import. They read the code and check the date, that is about all you can expect, since you have done little more than put a deposit down. I learned far more on this site that at the dealership. Maybe one of our members has access to the system and can look it up for you. Good luck and it is worth the wait. I feel a tighter bond to the car and with those members who were also waiting. It is really bad when cars just like you ordered start showing up at dealerships and you are still goatless.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blueonblue06 said:
The same thing happened to me as well. My car left the port on 4-18 and it now says 5-24. The dealer called to talk to GM about it and they are suppose to get back to them once they find out. Lets put it this way i ordered it 12-15-05. Not a happy camper by any means....

Me either. Keep me posted on what you find out, sounds like we are in the same boat, literally. The build date on my car was 3-28 so surely it left before 5-24.

I actually looked at the computer screen this morning, it did not look good. The two events were identical, except one had date 4-18 and the other 5-24.
:drink:

I am going to try to forget about it until I get some more info.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blueonblue06 said:

Any luck on getting info from GM yet? Keep me posted. Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
CrazyAL said:
Any luck on getting info from GM yet? Keep me posted. Thanks!
Nothing new really. I've gotten tired of bugging my dealer, so ill just be patient till it gets here...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blueonblue06 said:
Nothing new really. I've gotten tired of bugging my dealer, so ill just be patient till it gets here...

Yeh, me too. I hope to hell that the last event is wrong. Oh well, I guess I will have to keep my cool.

:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really wish someone would tell me some good news. I'm gonna call the dealer in the morning and see if anything has changed.:eek2:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing new from the dealer. My codes still look the same as of today :barf:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, this is what pontiac told me this morning after I gave them my order number and situation.

"Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the Pontiac GTO! I just checked the status of your ordered vehicle. The GTO is shipped by boat from Australia; our information indicates that the boat arrived in the United States sometime this morning. You will need to contact your dealer as they will have more detailed information on when they should receive the vehicle."

I was suprised to get a reply this fast. I hope this is info is right. I guess it will take at least another month to get to MS if it just made it to CA this morning.

·
2006 IBM 6M
37 Posts
I too could use some help, my dealership seems clueless, they can't even verifiy the cars been built and it had a TPW of 5/15/06. What I'm really interested in is if it has gone 3550 and if so when. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Order Number: JXRT5H

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
2006 IMPULSE BLUE M6 GTO
1,153 Posts
i was waiting 7 months for my car and they told me it was on the boat. i told them that was unacceptable! i found another car close to me exactly they way i ordered mine and had them get it for me.they where not happy to do it but i told them i will have my gto by the end of the week either from them or the other dealer. i've had my car two months now and iam loving it. hang in there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts