LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealership that does the service on my car said that they had no problems with turning the torque management off in my computer using their Tech 2 if they could. Problem is that they could not find torque management anywhere in the computer. Does anyone know where they can look for it using the Tech 2, or is this only something that can be done with a Predator or HP Tuners. Car is a M6.

·
R.I.P. Robert
1,532 Posts
Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I must say that's almost unbelievable a dealer would do that! I wish I had a cool dealer around here that would do such things.

Obviously they would not be able to enter the action into the service computer system as I'm sure G.M. would void the powertrain warranty from then on.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealership agreed to do it as an under the table favor for all the touble I've had with them trying to fix my struts and suspension pops. Three weeks they've had my car out of the past five weeks and it's still not fixed. I've seen people with 05/06 M6's post that they bought a predator and it took out the torque management and made a world of difference. Just wondering if anyone knows if the dealership tech 2 can be used to do the same thing and save me some cash.

·
Sports Car Enthusiast
170 Posts
Jbss71 said:
search. its been gone over more than once
That's pretty nice of you... I simply stated that HP Tuners doesn't have the TM box enabled for a M6 car. That said, I was unaware that TM even existed for the M6 cars.

Here's tip for you. Quit being a dickhead.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
HamsGTO said:
That's pretty nice of you... I simply stated that HP Tuners doesn't have the TM box enabled for a M6 car. That said, I was unaware that TM even existed for the M6 cars.

quit talking if you dont know what you are talking about :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
HamsGTO said:

Chill out, searching on this one I agree with, There has been so much discussion about this it's crazy.

Bottom line is no one has agreed either way, there are still two different camps out there.. But Search for it and you'll see.

·
Sports Car Enthusiast
170 Posts
Jbss71 said:
quit talking if you dont know what you are talking about :eek:
Okay, let me show you WHY I said what I did... I took two screen shots for you to see. One is the base file from a A4 LS2 car:

now the same screen, but this time from my M6 LS2:

Notice that the TM screen is blanked out?

Now perhaps you'd understand why I mentioned that I was unaware that the M6's had TM.

- Chris

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
HamsGTO said:
Okay, let me show you WHY I said what I did... I took two screen shots for you to see. One is the base file from a A4 LS2 car:

now the same screen, but this time from my M6 LS2:

Notice that the TM screen is blanked out?

Now perhaps you'd understand why I mentioned that I was unaware that the M6's had TM.

- Chris
look at the engine tables, its still pulling timing

·
Sports Car Enthusiast
170 Posts
Well I actually looked in the engine table and noticed it, but i honestly thought it was reffering to taction control, but I've since disabled it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Wretched 6.0 said:
But you need to be a bit nicer....
my first post wasnt meant to me mean, but a search would've showed me and few others go over this a few times before :patriot:

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
HamsGTO said:
sorry, I don't appreciate ****-face kids on this forum who only talk.
Why are you getting pissed off? This makes no sence to me.

What he said about the ECM pulling timing is what i've heard the M6 does, and though it's not called tourque management it does have the same effect.

Stop calling people names, you have no reason to.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts