LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
WEEEEEEE
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You sure that's a crack? It looks like a molding flaw to me.
I pulled the starter off to see if it was broken and it wasn't. So, hopefully, it was just the coating or something. It didn't break when I torqued it back down.

·
Worthless reject member
39,955 Posts
I like my parts cleaner.
#single

I already cleaned it with brake cleaner and then hot soapy water so it was 90% clean before it went in:p
is there a club for people who use home appliances to clean car parts, cure coatings, and use random furniture as part and engine stands? ?

·
WEEEEEEE
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My slave appears to be in good shape but what do I know. It is exactly one year old and has maybe 1,000 miles of use. I'm not planning to replace it. What do you think?

*This is a Monster Clutch Co. 2004-2006 GTO Slave Cylinder.

Attachments

·
WEEEEEEE
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got the trans back from Tick.
I put the slave back on (71 in/lbs) and the vent tube.
As far as the shifter, what is the best way to do this since I want to fill the fluid through the shifter opening?

Just leave the shifter off, remove the metal plate and white rubber boot off the car, raise the trans into position and fill her up? Then put the shifter/boot/plate back together before I raise the trans all the way up and bolt down the trans support?

Should I put any grease on the splines to ease with assembly?
(No grease in the pilot bearing area)

·
Worthless reject member
39,955 Posts
it's the way i've always done it. you just need the yoke installed to keep fluid from pouring out the back of the trans.

with the s1 install i had to use a hand pump, though. installed the shifter first, then put in the trans, and that shifter is a lot to undo.

·
WEEEEEEE
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Not to the point that it drips or really loses much, if any, fluid. The connection just looks wet. I dried it off with shop towels and got it bone dry and a few hours later it looks wet again. So maybe it's seeping just a little.

·
WEEEEEEE
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I was finally able to capture the sound I've been trying to track down on video. Anybody got suggestions?
I used to hear it only at startup and now I seem to hear it over and over while driving. My 9-year-old son recorded the video and he thought it was coming from the brake or clutch reservoirs. From about 0:08 to 0:13. It sounds like something is building pressure and then seals up.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts