LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my intake manifold off and I would like to clean it but all i have is wd40 mass airflow sensor cleaner degreaser or Dawn dish soap and I am pretty sure I shouldnt use degreaser on a plastic manifold does anyone know which of these products is safe to use?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Out of all those, wd40 would be the last thing Id use. You want something that cleans. So dish soap works. Brake cleaner, carb cleaner, and thing that says its a cleaner.

·
Worthless reject member
47,713 Posts
The crap in the intake is nasty baked on carbon and oil. You can use carb cleaner or berryman's chemdip and elbow grease. The manifold is nylon and is fairly chemical resistant. However, i would still test a small area to make sure the chemicals don't soften the plastic.

·
Yes my name is Holden
566 Posts
Greetings FugYa & all; Most carb cleaner won't hurt nylon-plastic. Then lots of hot water & soap, rinse with hot or warm. I put mine into the dish washer after sequence mentioned. And yes I nearly had to buy a new dish washer, wife didn't like that very much! Ole' Bob. Ps: Vent the valley to the atmosphere or in FRONT of the TB. Even with catch can interrupting the OE line from the valley to the intake (behind TB) it will still suck oil into the intake. The vacuum is just TOo high behind the TB with the OE Ls 2 valley baffle, poor design. Some of the other Ls valley baffles & sucking points are different.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Greetings FugYa & all; Most carb cleaner won't hurt nylon-plastic. Then lots of hot water & soap, rinse with hot or warm. I put mine into the dish washer after sequence mentioned. And yes I nearly had to buy a new dish washer, wife didn't like that very much! Ole' Bob. Ps: Vent the valley to the atmosphere or in FRONT of the TB. Even with catch can interrupting the OE line from the valley to the intake (behind TB) it will still suck oil into the intake. The vacuum is just TOo high behind the TB with the OE Ls 2 valley baffle, poor design. Some of the other Ls valley baffles & sucking points are different.
High vaccum is good. If its still pulling vapor in then the catch can design is the flaw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts